45Doll

All Winchester 20% Off Price Rebate Up To $75

So it's been six weeks since I sent in the rebate request for $75; it popped up in my calendar this morning.

So I checked the status:

We have not received your rebate at this time. Please check back soon, or try a different name or email address.

Oh, and by the way: we're not responsible if the mail doesn't go through.

Or is this just an easy way of not paying?

I think that's the last rebate I'll engage in. Definitely the last one from Winchester. No out-of-USPS-band way to register the fact you had one.

I did one with Remington several years ago for 12 gauge slugs.  Cut the UPC symbols off of the boxes and send them in to get a check.  I think the deal was that I would get the boxes for half price.  Same result.  ALL of my mail always gets to it's destination.  I can't remember the last time something went lost.  I've gotten packages or letters returned a few times but never just disappeared.  

Like you, this one just disappeared.   Suspicious.

6 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

Like you, this one just disappeared.   Suspicious.

It can definitely happen. Mrs. 45Doll is missing a big CC bill for this month. I missed one about four months ago.

I guess my main complaint is there's no recourse. The boxes are long gone. I suppose I could have sent it with a tracking number to prove delivery. But I think there would then be an argument about how much the rebate was for. As it was, mine was the max at $75/household. I bought just enough ammo to reach the max rebate. Ergo biggest discount.

I have done four or five rebates before. This is the first one I got stiffed on.

You always get stiffed on a rebate offer.

You pay the full rate plus tax on that full rate.

Sometime in the future you get some money back from the manufacturer (hopefully), but you never get the tax back on the rebate amount.