matt6669

Monthly Clay Bird Shooting event at the Ridge

I'll probably get there around 12:30 or so. If anyone needs my cell #, PM me.

$11.00 is a good price. A couple of bucks less than the stores, and I'm sure some $ goes to the organization. I'll be buying there from now on.

I will try and get there early also....

I have cell, will call you when I arrive so you can sign me in....

Sorry guys dont know if I'm going to make it .Just got word they want us to work sunday.Let you know asap if things change tomorrow.

That sucks, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to do what ya gotta do. Next time for sure.

Just finished mounting the new thrower. I omitted the big, spiky legs and just mounted the base to a piece of 1x8. Just the same way Dan's is mounted. It's more compact this way, but I hope it stands up to the strain. I dry fired it a couple of times and it seems to work just fine. Hopefully, it'll get through the day tomorrow.

I'm pumped. Should be a great day.

Hey guys,

So, it looks like the stars are aligning in my favor, and short of weather issues (I dont mind a few sprinkles.. storms like the ones we've had lately are another issue), I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to make it.

2 quick questions just to make sure I have all the details and to clear up some confusion on my part:

1. what time should the guests show up? 12:30? or 2?

2. What guns should I bring aside from the shotgun? I have my unfired AR that I'd like to put a few rounds thru, but don't wanna take away time from the clay shooters if no one else is shooting rifle. I also have a couple 9mm and 22 handguns if anyone is gonna be hitting those ranges.

2a. Worst case scenario, I could always leave the rifle/handguns in the car if we don't use them right? (I'm assuming I don't really have to worry about someone breaking into my car up there, right? :? )

Thanks

I'll be there around 12:30 or so, and the clay event should start around 2:00. I'm leaving the handguns home (probably) and just bringing the .22 rifle, a couple of target frames, some targets and the shotguns. That way, I can hang at either the 50/100 or the silo range until 2:00. Each member can host 1 guest, and I think I'm spoken for by Troy. I'm pretty sure one of the other CR members said they can be there earlier than 2, and one of them can host you in.

See ya then.

Gotcha. So if any other member is showing up at 12:30 (or 1) and isn't already signing someone else in, please shoot me a PM or something. Otherwise, I'll show up at 2 and hopefully more members will be there by then.

I'm excited :D

Gotcha. So if any other member is showing up at 12:30 (or 1) and isn't already signing someone else in, please shoot me a PM or something. Otherwise, I'll show up at 2 and hopefully more members will be there by then.

I'm excited :D

I'm planning on getting there by 12:30 and I think Matt is as well. I can sign you in.

I'm planning on bringing my 22s and my shotgun. I won't be going to the Pistol range. I do want to spend at some time at the 22 rimfire range and get both 22s dead nuts.

If it is pouring or something and you've got somethign you want to shoot at the 50/100 range, I can shoot my 22 rifle there.

No problem. How was the show??

Sucked..... wasnt a Show..... some broken down flea market ..... got there and left...... went to Walmart on Rt33...... NO ammo

Day was a bust......

Came home and ordered a Holographic site for the Ruger from MidwayUSA.com just to make myself feel better....

Gonna head over to Dicks to buy some .22lr for tommorow...

Sucked..... wasnt a Show..... some broken down flea market ..... got there and left......

I walked through it. One Mosin for way too much, a couple 12 ga shotguns that I might have been interested in if I hadn't put money on a 1911, a raffle, some hunting and fishing stuff. I was not impressed.

I went to Walmart in Stroudsburg, one box of 40, no other pistol ammo at all. I walked away with a pair of silicone earplugs for $2.50. Then I went to Dunkelberger's. Impressive stock, prices were average, I didn't ask about ammo. Lots and lots of lever action guns on the back wall way up high. They had a PPK for about $380-400.

Just a quick recap...

I have someone(Caine) I am going to sign in.

Ken has someone he's going to sign in.

Rich needs a signer-inner? I think Matt is going to be there by 12:30 as well. We definitely need to make sure everyone can shoot. Anyone else?

There is a match going on at 200/300 so there may be a number of people there hopefully it won't impact us.

I will be in the main parking lot(through the little intersection, ahead 50 feet and left)...by 12:30. My car looks like this: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/wrx/wrx.jpg

Cell service at the Range is very spotty.

Those of us coming earlier are going to do some .22 and some other things before the Clay shooting at 2pm.

We shoot rain or shine. The only thing that can be an issue is if lightning is striking and the RO clears the ranges.

Cell service at the Range is very spotty.

Regardless of Cell Carrier I might add. I had Verizon the first time I called Mark from the range. I have Sprint/Nextel now (not by choice). 1 bar if you're lucky.

Mark, y'all know that I'm not going to be there, but maybe that sign you made with NJGF.com on it may be a good idea?

yippppppppppppppppppp I'll be there at 12:30 for you Rich just bring the checkbook so you can pay me :) haha

Man I disappear for like a day and a half and this thread goes and blows up on me. Just took me 5 minutes to get caught up on this thread alone.

I am bringing my .22 and my shotty and that is IT. Everyone will be meeting at the clay range in the 1:50 time table and hopefully shooting by 2. We shoot no matter what, all the ranges are covered minus the silhouette range and if thats the case we'll just go down to the 50/100.

Mark, do you need a ride or did you fit everything into that little (edited) mobile of yours :)

Mark, do you need a ride or did you fit everything into that little (edited) mobile of yours :)

Got it all in there.

I also am intentionally NOT bringing my 9mm. That way I'm not tempted to shoot ammo. I'll go to the pistol range if someone wants but I'll just shoot my 22.

Oh and yours may be a POS, mine is quite nice thank you.

hahaha no mine is BEYOND pos, it doesn't even deserve that name anymore. lol

But glad you got everything in there, and yeah no pistols for me. Just long guns tomorrow. I will see you boys at 12:30 sharp be ready to do some shooting.

you havn't seen my WRX yet :)

does your dakota atleast drive in a straight line :) mine doesn't

Forgive me if I've misread what Dan wrote before, but I suspect at this point, the only way for his Dakota to hit 55 would be if you pushed it off the GW.

you havn't seen my WRX yet :)

does your dakota atleast drive in a straight line :) mine doesn't

Forgive me if I've misread what Dan wrote before, but I suspect at this point, the only way for his Dakota to hit 55 would be if you pushed it off the GW.

Right now it's somewhere between 12 and 14" tall, on it's way to China.