1LtCAP

alpha foxtrot 1911

ok. was down at bobs little sport shop last night dropping off my 1911 for some work. i saw a 1911 in 10mm in the case

that i had to check out. it was by alpha foxtrot. i've never heard of them before. the gun felt REALLY good in my hand, trigger

felt great, and i feel like i really want one(but then who DOESN'T want another 1911, right?).

so.....anyone have any experience with this caliber in a 1911? like it? what about the brand? anyone heard of them?

thanks!

**DISCLAIMER: I am relatively new to gun ownership.**

I never heard of this brand before, though it looks cool. I have two .45 1911s and recently got a 10mm 1911 from Iver Johnson with a ported barrel.

The 10mm definitely has more "oomph" than the .45 but it's very manageable in the 1911 platform. I took out my 10mm to the range twice and both times it constantly jammed. It was better the second than the first, but still failed to feed on almost every magazine. It's possible I'm limp wristing  it, though now I'm leaning towards lubrication and/or ammo. Feels like it needs more oil than its .45 equivalents. I'm going to try it again sometime with plenty of oil and other ammo brands.

I have a rock island 10mm and have no issues with it and love it.

7 hours ago, Lawnmower2021 said:

**DISCLAIMER: I am relatively new to gun ownership.**

I never heard of this brand before, though it looks cool. I have two .45 1911s and recently got a 10mm 1911 from Iver Johnson with a ported barrel.

The 10mm definitely has more "oomph" than the .45 but it's very manageable in the 1911 platform. I took out my 10mm to the range twice and both times it constantly jammed. It was better the second than the first, but still failed to feed on almost every magazine. It's possible I'm limp wristing  it, though now I'm leaning towards lubrication and/or ammo. Feels like it needs more oil than its .45 equivalents. I'm going to try it again sometime with plenty of oil and other ammo brands.

You may be shooting to light of a load.  Try 180 grain

• Informative 1