EdF

Leaving the State

For 62 years, I have lived within about 10 miles of my birthplace.  The middle of September, I will be moving.  Not far but across the river to Royersford, PA.  At least I'll be close for the gun and guitar shows in Oaks!

My reasons are not political.  I have long advocated staying and fighting.  But, my wife of eight months would like to be closer to her son who expects to start providing her with grandchildren soon.

I'm not sure that I'm looking for advice, suggestions or anything else.  Just tossing it out there . . . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Regardless, you'll enjoy getting your resident LTCF. I remember the two days we got ours.

But don't dilly dally when you get there. PA is in a large state of flux right now and the outcome is not certain.

Good luck with your grandchildren.

• Like 1

I grew up in that area.  My best friend went to Spring Ford high school.  His parents still live in the area.  He's in Collegeville.

Phoenixville is an up and coming area with lots of great bars and restaurants.

Home - Iron Hill Brewery

Phoenixville Irish Restaurant & Bar | Live Music | Private Events (mollymaguiresphoenixville.com)

Bluebird Distilling

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xtors said:

Congrats @EdF! What are these guitar shows of which you speak???

Years ago, they were at the Convention Center in Philly.  They were known at Summer Philly, in July and Fall Philly, in November.  Now they are at the Oaks site where the gun shows are held every two months.  

http://www.bee3vintage.com/Bee3Vintage_Fall_Philly_Great_American_Guitar_Show.html

Reach out in October!

6 hours ago, EdF said:

Years ago, they were at the Convention Center in Philly.  They were known at Summer Philly, in July and Fall Philly, in November.  Now they are at the Oaks site where the gun shows are held every two months.  

http://www.bee3vintage.com/Bee3Vintage_Fall_Philly_Great_American_Guitar_Show.html

Reach out in October!

Most definitely! I put it on the calendar.

Many years ago I would attend the amp show in Piscataway. Not sure if they are still going on.