DirtyDigz

Looking for GSG 1911 holster and mag carriers

GF has started getting into PPC-style competitions with me and is using my GSG 1911 handgun (it's essentially the same gun as the Sig .22lr 1911, they both use the same mags).

I'd like to get her an OWB right-handed holster and some mag carriers.

Challenge is that the GSG has a picatinny rail in front of the trigger guard; that seems to make it incompatible with a lot of holsters.

None of this will be for CCW, only for competitions.

Any recommendations out there?

Edit - just tested pitbull tactical mag carriers that I have and they work with the GSG magazines, so I'll just get a few more of them.

Still looking for a holster though.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I have a S&W 1911TA which also has a rail. The Safariland 578-683 pro-fit holster works.

I also have a Blade-tech which fits well. https://blade-tech.com/products/classic-owb-holster?variant=6067181256732

Thanks much Stu!

That Safariland model, it has a "push button to release" feature?

• Like 1

578 = GLS grip lock system = middle finger button

I love my GLS holsters but for a 1911 you’d be just fine or maybe even better with an ALS = automatic locking system = thumb button, where it will come out with your thumb already on the safety. Looks like 6378 accommodates a railed 1911

22 minutes ago, Shocker said:

for a 1911 you’d be just fine or maybe even better with an ALS = automatic locking system = thumb button, where it will come out with your thumb already on the safety. Looks like 6378 accommodates a railed 1911

Not the case in my experience. I got an ALS for my 1911 too, and the ALS button is significantly farther to the left of the grip than is found on ALS holsters for striker fired guns. This is to make space for the thumb safety on the 1911. It also has part of the holster body flared out to protect the thumb safety that you need to reach around to get to the ALS button. I have reasonably large hands (I can hit the mag release on my 1911 without having to turn the gun in my hand) and reaching the ALS button is a bit of a stretch. After deactivating the ALS your thumb is actually just below the thumb safety, rather than in position the release the thumb safety.

In use, I found it to be unintuitive to swipe with my thumb twice - once for the ALS lever and again for the thumb safety. I tried it for 1 practice session and never used it again. If you pay postage, you can have it for free.

Unless you really need level 1 retention (you don't for PPC style matches) you should get something else.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Not the case in my experience. I got an ALS for my 1911 too, and the ALS button is significantly farther to the left of the grip than is found on ALS holsters for striker fired guns. This is to make space for the thumb safety on the 1911. It also has part of the holster body flared out to protect the thumb safety that you need to reach around to get to the ALS button. I have reasonably large hands (I can hit the mag release on my 1911 without having to turn the gun in my hand) and reaching the ALS button is a bit of a stretch. After deactivating the ALS your thumb is actually just below the thumb safety, rather than in position the release the thumb safety.

OT Defense NUB:

https://store.otdefense.com/products/als-nub-mod-black

Makes all ALS holsters better.