matty

CJRPC Wed Nite

I am finally gonna stop over at CJRPC Wed nite for new member nite, won't be at BA this week, would have liked to try some shotguns, I am wanting to get one in the next few months. Question for the forum, I read the stuff I am supposed to bring, do they allow more shooting after the orientation is over, or are first time members limited to the 10 rds specified? Anyways, if anyone's at CJRPC wed, I will have my Sig and probably work clothes still on :)

I am finally gonna stop over at CJRPC Wed nite for new member nite, won't be at BA this week, would have liked to try some shotguns, I am wanting to get one in the next few months. Question for the forum, I read the stuff I am supposed to bring, do they allow more shooting after the orientation is over, or are first time members limited to the 10 rds specified? Anyways, if anyone's at CJRPC wed, I will have my Sig and probably work clothes still on :)

what work clothes are these?

when is it?

Nice my Uncle belongs there and wants me to join the CJRPC. Only thing is its a little over an hour away from me and I don't get what this Capital Contribution Fee is. Definitely looks a lot better then the OBPRC.

cap contribution is just that. Capital (money) contribution that gets added to their fund to be used for growing the club. That fee is a one time fee.

Maks,

My boots jeans & tshirt from my workplace at Ft. Dix, I drive by CJRPC twice a day going to & from work. Will have to go all the way home & then back to Stump Tavern Rd, though to pick my stuff up. Thanks for the info, Wolfy & Tiny--

Nice my Uncle belongs there and wants me to join the CJRPC. Only thing is its a little over an hour away from me and I don't get what this Capital Contribution Fee is. Definitely looks a lot better then the OBPRC.

cap contribution is just that. Capital (money) contribution that gets added to their fund to be used for growing the club. That fee is a one time fee.

Ah so its just another way of saying Initiation Fee.

How it was explained to me...."The capital contribution fee puts you on the same level as current members. Over the years members were assessed fees for making improvements to the ranges. Since the club's beginning these assessments total $400.00 per member."

So all members have paid $400.00 but long time members may have done so in more than one payment at different times.

HTH

How it was explained to me...."The capital contribution fee puts you on the same level as current members. Over the years members were assessed fees for making improvements to the ranges. Since the club's beginning these assessments total $400.00 per member."

So all members have paid $400.00 but long time members may have done so in more than one payment at different times.

HTH

Lol. however they want to call it.... it is what it is... $400 for the club coffers to be used as they see fit.

Im not far from you at....how do you normally get out to CJRPC? Take 539 out?

Its that first nut that gets me! They had a picnic for veterans last weekend and my brothers fire company from Jackson was there helping with the parade and all. They said it was a cool place and that they had guns out for people to try. They had a blast TRYING to shoot clays! :lol:

-Scott

CJRPC is close to where I live, in the same town, and the 24 hr indoor range is not as big or nice as BA or SS, but for free time challenged individuals, it's nice. Was a bit warm when I popped my head in there today. Plus shooting outside is always good, I had forgotten how much better it is than being in an enclosed room. I also did a Garand CMP Match today there, very warm, still well attended. Have never shot a rifle of that caliber or at that distance before. Total M1 noob. They were very good about everything, helpful and patient. I shot with a guy who had his own M1, and he helped me out a LOT. Thanks Frank! For $20 you get 50 rds ammo, a loaner rifle if you need it, loaner mats and jackets and spotting scopes. IMHO, it would be a good meetup for the NJGF crowd at some point. I wanted to go to get familiar with the M1 and be eligible for CMP purchase, I will do all the paperwork (it's a gov program) in the next couple weeks to buy one.

Im not far from you at....how do you normally get out to CJRPC? Take 539 out?

Its that first nut that gets me! They had a picnic for veterans last weekend and my brothers fire company from Jackson was there helping with the parade and all. They said it was a cool place and that they had guns out for people to try. They had a blast TRYING to shoot clays! :lol:

-Scott

Rt. 571 takes you to Stump Tavern Road. I take the Pkwy to Rt. 37 West and make a right at the Lakehurst Diner to 571.

I was there today before noon and shot with an AR15.com member for two hours. We had a great time.

CJRPC is in Jackson, like Mauser said you can come up CR539 (Pinehurst rd.) to CR 528 (NE-Lakewood rd.), make a right there at the Wawa, go east on 528, thru a blinky lite at Hawkin Rd, then some woods & swamp and a few houses till you get to Stump tavern rd & make a right. Its about a 1/2mile or so just at the top of a rise, yellow sign. Or if yer adventerous, you can go thu Colliers Mills WMA, a dirt road that is called High bridge road, that puts you on 571, just south of there Stump Tavern rd. starts

Ah ok, yea, now that the memory has resurfaced, I think I remember being chased by Michael or something at 3/4AM when I was coming back from AC.

But yea, that road is pretty handy... connects to everything from central down to southern NJ without being overloaded with traffic.