Mauser88

New Remington 700

Just put the finishing touches on this Remington 700. Started out as a barreled action and sent to GA Precision for the custom work. They tested it with Federal Gold Match and achieved 1/2" groups at 100 yards consistently. Can't wait to develop my own handloads for it.

Here are the details,

20" fluted barrel Remington 700 in .308.

Threaded barrel with Answer brake.

Action and barrel cryogenicly treated for accuracy.

Tactical bolt knob

Accuracy International Chassis System with adjustable cheekpiece & adjustable buttpad.

Jewel trigger 700 HVR set at 1 1/2" lbs.

Harris swivel bipod.

Leupold Mark 4 Long Range/Tactical 4.5 - 14 x 50mm LR/T Illuminated Reticle scope sitting on a Badger Ordnance 20 MOA rail with BA HD sniper grade rings.

MVC-003L-5.jpg

MVC-004L.jpg

MVC-005L-3.jpg

Nice rifle. I have the stock BDL in .223 and love mine.

Have fun. ;)

Thanks. I have a 700 Varmit on a PSS stock in .223. Mine loves the 55 gr. Hornady V-Max bullet and Varget powder. I set up full cans of soda at 200 yards and blast them. It actually gets boring after a while as it's hard to miss. Think I'll try some golf balls next. No problem putting a clan hole through a quarter at 100 yards either.

Threaded barrel with Answer brake.

Where did you get the answer brake?

It was purchased through GA Precision when I had the custom work done. I think they bought it from Bedrock Industries.

With the ANSWER MULTICHAMBERED MUZZLE BRAKE you get more open area, with the larger number of small holes than you can with a few large holes, Answer Muzzle Brake side view thus more gas is released from the brake faster and more evenly rather than allowing it to exit the muzzle and do nothing. Small holes meter the gas far more efficiently resulting in far less blast and concussion, still getting the job done to the max. Another reason for our brake's superiority is the unique multiple chamber design. Either three or four chambers, depending upon caliber are used. Last, but not least, it goes without saying that our muzzle brake is judged more attractive by virtually all that see it.

1. Never a loss of accuracy.

2. No reduction in velocity

3. Most efficient on the market today

4. Adds to the appearance of your rifle because of our Trim-LineTM fit.

5. Virtually eliminates muzzle jump in all calibers through 375 H&H.

6. Answer Muzzle Brake Always fitted and finished to match each individual barrel.

7. Our brakes are the highest quality brakes available today, because of our unique machining technology and our patented small hole patterns

8. Greatly enhances shooter ability to control the heavy magnums.

9. Most ladies and teenagers have no problems with all calibers through 375 H&H.