AtlanticCounty

Average Wait For FIC Card?

3 weeks(total) from getting the paperwork from the police to a 2 week wait for my prints to be taken. Only four days after the prints were taken to getting my permit here in Oakland. They also gave me info on ranges when I picked it up at the station. So in tree weeks I have it in my possesion.

been waiting 15 weeks now, since september! called today and the detective said they were waiting to get the prints back from the state police... great, i hope i can get myself the gun i wanted for my birthday in february, waiting is the worst

He is lying to you.

They have been coming back in 6 weeks avg.

I've read all these threads and cant believe its that bad in some parts of this state. My FID took 8 weeks and the pistol permit(s) 1 year later took 3 weeks and I live in Camden County, Cherry Hill-and I thought I waited along time...DAMN! Didnt realize how good we have it. I applied for two more pistol permits 1/4/10 and by Monday the 11th my wife and both references were already notified and were return mailing. It seems the municipalitys in these different countys are really making it difficult when in reality they would be making there communetys safer if they were to speed up the process not including the additional revenue it would bring to the local economy! Everyones County on this forum is now on my prayer list for this process to be expidieted quickly and more fair for the benefit of the safety and piece of mind in our homes,familys and communities!

Boomer, just stop in and ask politely what the hold up is. Tell them its unacceptable to be waiting that long.

thanks for the advice! ive called twice and gotten 2 cock-n-bull stories, so i think it is time for a stop in... the only thing im afraid of is that theyll say "stop annoying us, itl be ready when its ready" and then theyll move my application right back on the bottom of the stack out of spite... every time i talk to the detective he treats me like im ruining his day by asking when my permits will be in.... next time im passing by, though ill stop in

Boomer, just stop in and ask politely what the hold up is. Tell them its unacceptable to be waiting that long.

thanks for the advice! ive called twice and gotten 2 cock-n-bull stories, so i think it is time for a stop in... the only thing im afraid of is that theyll say "stop annoying us, itl be ready when its ready" and then theyll move my application right back on the bottom of the stack out of spite... every time i talk to the detective he treats me like im ruining his day by asking when my permits will be in.... next time im passing by, though ill stop in

Just be super polite, Ask nicely if something has happened because its been a long time. Just be super duper overly polite.

Just be super polite, Ask nicely if something has happened because its been a long time. Just be super duper overly polite.

And if you continue to get nowhere, consider contacting one of the lawyers on retainer with ANJRPC...

Week 19: just went by the police station, the detective was nice and all, but no luck gettin permits yet. he said that he never got my background check back from the state, so he called them and he said that they're mailing it to him, which is why its taking so long... i asked him if it would take much longer after he got the background check back, and he couldnt give me an answer, said maybe, it depends. he told me i could stop inquiring and he'll call me when something happens. :roll:

:angry-screaming: i want my permits!!!!

Week 19: just went by the police station, the detective was nice and all, but no luck gettin permits yet. he said that he never got my background check back from the state, so he called them and he said that they're mailing it to him, which is why its taking so long... i asked him if it would take much longer after he got the background check back, and he couldnt give me an answer, said maybe, it depends. he told me i could stop inquiring and he'll call me when something happens. :roll:

:angry-screaming: i want my permits!!!!

Thats a little ridiculous. You might want to call someone with a law degree.

Well, the verdict is in.... they made me wait 22 weeks just to DENY my application, because i was arrested for marijuana possession 10 years ago when i was 17... i hate this state... if you asked me this morning, i would have said i like living in NJ, now i absolutely hate it

Well, the verdict is in.... they made me wait 22 weeks just to DENY my application, because i was arrested for marijuana possession 10 years ago when i was 17... i hate this state... if you asked me this morning, i would have said i like living in NJ, now i absolutely hate it

I could see them doing that.

You may want to ask a lawyer if you have any options.

Picked up my FPID card and was supposed to pick up my 3 permits on Wednesday, exactly 11 weeks from when i got fingerprinted and handed in my paperwork. They misspelled my last name on my permits. :x Now i have to wait until they print new permits and get them signed. The police secretary doesn't go in when it snows even a little!

Jackson has been consistently 6 weeks on PP over the last couple of years. They do require you to be re-fingerprinted every two years (not according to 2C:58-3(e).). Did not really care about the re-fingerprinting since they would take care of it when I dropped off my paperwork. However the last go around they told me I would have to make an appointment to have my prints taken again and the next appointment was 30+ days away. After I complained I was told that someone cancelled their appointment and I could come down the next day.

Applied in Howell, NJ on December 1st. Found out in mid January that there was a problem with my reference letters either never getting sent or lost in the mail. Its been over 3 months and i'm still waiting. They lady that i've talked to is always pleasant and says it will be ready when its ready and ill get a letter in the mail to let me know when to come pick it up. But waiting over 3 months to me is unacceptable. Ive also seen on here that Howell is has a pretty good turn around time. Does anybody have any recent experience with them? Thanks in advance. -Andy-

I hear you. I was only applying for pistol permits mind you, but after four months (Oct-Feb)-- my PD sends me a letter informing me they never received the mental consent form back from NJSP... so, I can bet it'll be another four months until they tell me they've lost the same form again :(

Seems pretty ridiculous. Mind you i think i may have made my post a little confusing. My references had received the letters in mid January after i found out about the problem and were sent in the next day. Last time i was there(probably a month ago) i was told everything was set and was waiting for review by the chief. Just doesn't seem like it should take a month for what i would imagine to be a relatively simple review. Ive been walking up to my mailbox for about a month thinking today is going to be the day, and i always walk back disappointed :doh: