AtlanticCounty

Average Wait For FIC Card?

Even if it wasn't, wouldn't those records be sealed/cleared out since he was a minor? I can't really see even this state trying him as an adult
No

2C:58-3c ...No handgun purchase permit or firearms purchaser identification card shall be issued:

(7)To any person who as a juvenile was adjudicated delinquent for an offense which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a crime and the offense involved the unlawful use or possession of a weapon, explosive or destructive device or is enumerated in subsection d. of section 2 of P.L.1997, c.117 (C.2C:43-7.2)

I love my town ( still want to move south :lol: ) .....

called "Dottie" at my police dept. I put in app for 2 permits I thought about 3 weeks ago...

she pulled my file, and said oh no..... its been 30days.... let me just process these. You can pick em up next week....

I didnt have to say a word.... She is so cool...

Now.... off to Bud's to go browse.....

I love my town ( still want to move south :lol: ) .....

called "Dottie" at my police dept. I put in app for 2 permits I thought about 3 weeks ago...

she pulled my file, and said oh no..... its been 30days.... let me just process these. You can pick em up next week....

I didnt have to say a word.... She is so cool...

Now.... off to Bud's to go browse.....

Why don't they just process them as they come in without an artificial 30 day waiting period?

It wasnt an artificial 30days..... I had lost count. She knew the law, and knew she could just go ahead and process without waiting on the NJSP .....

I had forgotten to post in the previous post, that they were waiting for the State Police to do there thing....

It wasnt an artificial 30days..... I had lost count. She knew the law, and knew she could just go ahead and process without waiting on the NJSP .....

I had forgotten to post in the previous post, that they were waiting for the State Police to do there thing....

Oh, I thought they just deny them if you push the "30 day" rule.

I swear guys, EBPD is on top of their game according to this thread. The whole process for the FID card and 2 pistol permits took under 15 days. That included having to go get scanned for prints.

To any police officer here that knows how these background checks work. About how long would you say it takes the detective to actually do the background check once he or she has all the pieces of the applicants background at their disposal? Example, once detective Doe gets the background from the njsp, the reference letters, the mental health info necessary, and whatever other info they look into, how long would it take Detective Doe to complete his part if he had no prior obligations, his desk was clear, and all he had to do all day was process FID and PP apps?

Just curious because I'm on day 64 waiting for mine. There were some snafus with one of my letters not being returned and that was resolved on Dec 21 when I bought the reference letter to the station myself so I guess the official clock started then? One lady told me it would only be another two weeks since the detective had everything else in place. Another lady told me it would be another one to two months!

I swear guys, EBPD is on top of their game according to this thread. The whole process for the FID card and 2 pistol permits took under 15 days. That included having to go get scanned for prints.

You are right. Took me about 3 weeks and got everything. I was shocked. NO BS

The problem we are running into is a large reduction in manpower. through attrition, we are down 19 percent in manpower. So administrative tasks wait while background investigations wait. A lot depends on how many areas of responsibility the officer in charge of the BI has currently. It varies greatly from season to season and from department to department.

I can tell you this. The live scan fingerprint submission has cut down the wait for prints to return from four to six weeks to a matter of a few hours in many cases. That was a shocker the first time it was used in my department.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific but there are just too many variables involved. Our two try to push and their only failing is that they will chew your ear off for hours talking about guns when the applicant comes in for the card.

• Like 1

I can tell you this. The live scan fingerprint submission has cut down the wait for prints to return from four to six weeks to a matter of a few hours in many cases. That was a shocker the first time it was used in my department.

Hunh. When I did my change of address (had to redo the fingerprints due to a monumental, multifaceted, screwup, despite not changing towns), I suspect that was the delay. They claimed the County was backlogged? Does that make sense. (Union County, if it matters)

The problem we are running into is a large reduction in manpower. through attrition, we are down 19 percent in manpower. So administrative tasks wait while background investigations wait. A lot depends on how many areas of responsibility the officer in charge of the BI has currently. It varies greatly from season to season and from department to department.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific but there are just too many variables involved. Our two try to push and their only failing is that they will chew your ear off for hours talking about guns when the applicant comes in for the card.

Thanks man, I appreciate your feedback! B)