Ruger11

Pistol Permit Extension---

Sorry guys,know its been talked to death,But- Have 3 pistol permits left (guns still on backorder) permits are going to expire in approx. 3 weeks.

Just got back from local PD, they said l have to wait till the 90th day before l can get them extended another 90 days??? Doe's anyone know the exact process? also do they count weekends in the 90 days? BTW this Bloomfield. Thanks....

yep, 90 calendar days..

I bring mine back about a week before they expire. It's simple in my town, the chief just has to sign them again.

+1

I was told the chief appreciates if you dont come the last day..... other then that.... no issue getting extended

yep, 90 calendar days..

I bring mine back about a week before they expire. It's simple in my town, the chief just has to sign them again.

just as long as he is not on vacation?

lol, well, I don't talk to him directly.. I seen him at the wawa once.. he carries a baby glock.

Ruger11,

Another Bloomfield resident here. My experience is that they won't renew the permit until the last day (90 days). However, the 90 days is not exactly calendar when I did mine. They go by the issue DAY and add 3 months to it. Now I'm not sure if that really is the policy or just how that person who helped me out was doing it. To be sure, call in advance or go for it on the 90th day (calendar) and see how it goes.

arnold r.

I'm also from Bloomfield and I got the same response arnold r got. I forget her name but this was from the same woman I"ve always dealt with there and she's always been pretty helpful. Still I thought this was cutting it kind of close so I asked what would happen if the chief or detective or whoever had to sign was off that day. She said that they just marked the existing permits renewed and it wouldn't be a problem. It turned out I didn't need a renewal so please let us know how it works out for you

Ed

In my town, I have to wait until the last day also, but the new wrinkle is that previously if you wanted another permit while under the 90 day limit, they just charged you the $2 for the extra permit. NOW I have to pay the State Police fee again of $18, even though Im under the 90 days from the original background check.

yep, 90 calendar days..

+1

I was told the chief appreciates if you dont come the last day..... other then that.... no issue getting extended

My chief insists I wait untill the last day and then he will extend it but no earlier.

We need this infringement upon our rights to stop NOW!!!!!!!

Went to BPD 2 weeks before and a week before,was told by 2 diiferent people l had to wait till the 90th day or the next day after.Permits were issued 7/8/09,so 90 days would be 10/5.Went 10/5 and was told they expire on 10/8/09 ? 93 days after they were issued? So thats how it works in Blfd. they expire after 3 months not 90 days.Any one from Blfd. knows the skinny older guy,he dated and signed them right there,took 2 minutes.

I had 3 permits expiring yesterday (10/8). I brought them in for extension on Monday (10/5), and picked them up after work on Tuesday. No mention of waiting until or after the last day.