Sign in to follow this  
tinyboy

les Bear

I love 1911 threads.

Les Baer builds nice 1911's.

But......I feel their quality of fit and finish is below that of Ed Brown and Wilson Combat.

They are tight guns but they are not as polished as the other two big semi custom shops.

And their customer service is not exactly on par (nowhere near to be honest) with the other two.

No manufacturer comes close to the customer service Wilson Combat provides.

Ed Brown gets a bad rap from time to time about their service but it is top notch from my experiences.

I moved my two Les Baers out of the safe to make room for others. They were just not in the same league.

Sometimes I wish I had kept my old Monolith but not often.

I have heard great things about Les Baer AR's as well but have never had the chance to fondle one.

Volkmann Custom builds a nice gun too in my opinion.

Good Luck with your search.

I love 1911 threads.

Les Baer builds nice 1911's.

But......I feel their quality of fit and finish is below that of Ed Brown and Wilson Combat.

They are tight guns but they are not as polished as the other two big semi custom shops.

And their customer service is not exactly on par (nowhere near to be honest) with the other two.

No manufacturer comes close to the customer service Wilson Combat provides.

Ed Brown gets a bad rap from time to time about their service but it is top notch from my experiences.

I moved my two Les Baers out of the safe to make room for others. They were just not in the same league.

Sometimes I wish I had kept my old Monolith but not often.

I have heard great things about Les Baer AR's as well but have never had the chance to fondle one.

Volkmann Custom builds a nice gun too in my opinion.

Good Luck with your search.

1911fan, you ever get your paws on a Dan Wesson. I've been leaning towards them as my next purchase as its a 1911 in my price range and its not a "off the shelf" 1911 as they do incorporate some Ed Brown parts etc. into them. I'm looking into a CBOB which I would ultimately like to use as a carry gun in the future.

M

1911fan, you ever get your paws on a Dan Wesson. I've been leaning towards them as my next purchase as its a 1911 in my price range and its not a "off the shelf" 1911 as they do incorporate some Ed Brown parts etc. into them. I'm looking into a CBOB which I would ultimately like to use as a carry gun in the future.

M

Dan Wesson is my favorite non semi custom.

I am intimately familiar with them.

It is hand fit rather well (better than all other production line guns) and does include many good parts.

I like the Dan Wesson Valor best as it comes in my favorite color for a gun (just my preferences coming out - others may prefer something else).

The CBOB is an excellent 1911 - one of the best.

I also like the Kimber Warrior and Springfield loaded models if you don't mind MIM parts.

Hope this helps - and we should apologize to Tiny for thread jacking. :lol:

M

Dan Wesson is my favorite non semi custom.

I am intimately familiar with them.

It is hand fit rather well (better than all other production line guns) and does include many good parts.

I like the Dan Wesson Valor best as it has a forged frame and it comes in my favorite color for a gun (just my preferences coming out - others may prefer something else). Not that cast frames are bad or anything - it is personal preference.

I also like the Kimber Warrior and Springfield loaded models if you don't mind MIM parts.

Hope this helps - and we should apologize to Tiny for thread jacking. :lol:

WHOA someone else in NJ that owns a DW I can't believe it haha

I know you said you own the Valor, do you happen to own any others? I saw the Valor thats a nice gun, but a little pricey for me. What I also like about the CBOB is, it was sorta designed for concealed carry as well.

Have you happened to handle either the CBOB or the pointman 7 or the rz-45??

And sorry tiny for jacking your thread, but look at all this good info were putting out

Sorry if there was any confusion so please allow me to clear this up. Sorry Tiny.

I actually do not currently own any Dan Wesson 1911's but I am intimately familiar with them.

I have owned a CBOB in 45ACP (for carry actually) and a Razorback in 10mm.

As many on this forum know, I have been in the process of selling all my odd-ball cal blasters and thundersticks and consolidating the collection (I was younger and a little dumber than I am now, and bought random guns that I never used). I traded in my 10mm Razorback (along with that old G20) a little while back toward another 1911 in 45 ACP. I had a bunch of left over 10mm ammo from doubletap that I sold to a friend here on the forum for a steal in early July.

The CBOB was traded in towards an Ed Brown.

Both of my former Dan Wesson 1911's were problem free and very accurate. You should be pleased and if anything goes wrong, just call them and they will take care of it - they have a GREAT customer service rep :!:

My friend has a Valor and every time I handle it, I say that I want one. :mrgreen:

I like the forged frame, not that there is anything wrong with cast frames, but as I said before, everyone has their own preferences with 1911's. Personal customization is an excellent attribute of the old bad boy I so dearly love.

I so want a Valor.

Tim think we could get a group deal from someone if we buy a valor and a CBOB :)

And oh man!!!! I wish you would of posted the cbob on here before you traded it in, I totally would of nabbed it in a heart beat. Kinda sounds like I can't make a bad decision going with the CBOB.

Now to see if I can find it locally or try and get it online. Dave Severns who does a lot of 1911 customizations qouted me 1060 plus 30 shipped to my ffl seems a little high to me, but he has them in stock so I dunno.

ok back to you tiny sorry bout highjacking your thread.

oh one more thing, how did you like carrying the cbob as a carry gun, fit nice, better than some others, how's the size etc?

I so want a Valor.

I actually got one today, they had one at Cheyenne I picked it up and it felt great so I bought it

$750 bucks

then the dream ended and I realized I didnt leave my house today

BEACHES!

Tiny you really should look into them if you wanna get a 1911 or another 1911. I've heard nothing but great things about them. I'm contemplating placing an order for one as I want it badly.

I so want a Valor.

I actually got one today, they had one at Cheyenne I picked it up and it felt great so I bought it

$750 bucks

BEACHES!

Tiny you really should look into them if you wanna get a 1911 or another 1911. I've heard nothing but great things about them. I'm contemplating placing an order for one as I want it badly.

How much are they? Im a brokester...

I so want a Valor.

$750 bucks

BEACHES!

How much are they? Im a brokester...

you can get a cbob for about 1100 sent to your ffl

You can get pointman 7's for under a grand I believe

I so want a Valor.

Tim think we could get a group deal from someone if we buy a valor and a CBOB :)

hey if you find a group deal, put me down for a heritage!

i was looking everywhere for dan wessons and couldn't find one so i ended up getting a grand raptor....but I plan on adding a DW next

For the original poster, I've never shot one but I've heard they are some of the most accurate 1911s you can find. Check out the 1911 forums if you haven't already, you'll see tons of opinions by people who have them.