anemone

Help moving to NJ

I need help. I live in Arizona and will be moving back to NJ by Dec 1 of this year due to the economy. I have 5 rifles and don't know what I need to do to make them legal in NJ or if I need to sell them out here. I am so confused with the word play and mumbo jumbo pertaining to NJ gun laws and the NJ State Police are of no help. I also called a few gun shops in NJ and both told me AKs are illegal but I see in your forums that people do own them.

I have a DPMS Panther AR-15 and a S&W MP15 MOE. Both have bayonet lugs and 6 position stocks and flash suppressors. If I were to have a gun smith remove the bayonet lugs, pin the stocks, and attach compensators would they be legal?

I also have a Romanian RPK (7.62X39) made by Century Arms International is this legal in NJ?

Last but not least 2 AK's. One is a Century Arms Polish Tantal with folding stock and bayonet lug and the other is an Arsenal Bulgarian with folding stock and bayonet lug. I am pretty sure these can't be made compliant to NJ statues but if I am wrong let me know what I can do to make them compliant.

I did contact 2 lawyers and they both wanted at least $500 bucks to decipher NJ's mumbo jumbo laws. Please help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated for my time in Arizona is running out! :?

the ar's should be fine as long as you have them pinned, no bayo lug, and no flash suppressor.... and oh yeah, keep the mags in AZ. 15rnds or less here.

ak's, if you have them pinned.

AK's are illegal here, but wasr's etc are fine. same thing, flash suppressors, stocks, mags,

i am sure a vendor will chime in in here.

Best Advice: Keep the guns and don't move to NJ!

I agree.

:shock: :o

Don't come back. You got out and you should not willingly suffer again!

My wife and I are saving for the great day we get to leave the Communist Republic of NJ.

Seriously though - Maks covered it very well.

Not mentioned..... and correct me if I am wrong.....

Have them made compliant out there or ship them directly to the FFL dealer in NJ who is going make the mods for you......

Dont be in possession of the non-compliant firearms in NJ....

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I need help. I live in Arizona and will be moving back to NJ by Dec 1 of this year due to the economy. I have 5 rifles and don't know what I need to do to make them legal in NJ or if I need to sell them out here. I am so confused with the word play and mumbo jumbo pertaining to NJ gun laws and the NJ State Police are of no help. I also called a few gun shops in NJ and both told me AKs are illegal but I see in your forums that people do own them.

I have a DPMS Panther AR-15 and a S&W MP15 MOE. Both have bayonet lugs and 6 position stocks and flash suppressors. If I were to have a gun smith remove the bayonet lugs, pin the stocks, and attach compensators would they be legal?

No folding/telescoping stocks. They must be pinned so they cannot move. Bayonet lugs must be shaved or removed so a bayonet cannot attach. No flashiders. Muzzle brakes or comps are OK but must be permanently attached. No mags over 15 rounds.

I also have a Romanian RPK (7.62X39) made by Century Arms International is this legal in NJ?

Perfectly legal as long as no bayonet lug or flashider.

Last but not least 2 AK's. One is a Century Arms Polish Tantal with folding stock and bayonet lug and the other is an Arsenal Bulgarian with folding stock and bayonet lug. I am pretty sure these can't be made compliant to NJ statues but if I am wrong let me know what I can do to make them compliant.

Tantal and Bulgy stock must be welded in the open position. Same procedure with the bayonet lugs I mentioned for the AR's.

If you follow my advise you will be as legal as the rest of us but understand as one Judge here in NJ presiding over a case stated, 'When dealing with firearms in NJ the citizen acts at his peril".

I did contact 2 lawyers and they both wanted at least $500 bucks to decipher NJ's mumbo jumbo laws. Please help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated for my time in Arizona is running out! :?

I just save you $500.00 bucks. Please make a donation to this site in lew of my fee. :D

I would replace the front sight/gass tube mount with a NJ complience and save the older one. Cost should be minimal. Stock is easy to pin. FS to be pinned and welded. A PITA but a decent smith should be able to do it. You could balance the cost with a barrel swap alreadt NJ complient. Do the FS/sight swap in one step and hold the old barrel. Cost of a barrel with a FS mounted is probably only slightly over a hundred vs. all the labor of machining and modification.