kenw

New additions to the toy chest

We just got back from our shopping trip. Checked out Simon Peter, drove down to Hackettstown Guns & Ammo, stopped by the new Ramsey Outdoor location in Ledgewood and wound up at Silver Bullet in Rockaway.

Lynn is the happy new owner of one of these:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=77468&langId=-1&isFirearm=Y

Yeah, pink grips and all. Before the crap starts flying, she used her permit, with her name on it, and her credit card to buy it. If I bring it to the range without her, I'll be switching out the grips first. It's a nice gun, weighs practically nothing and has a really nice matte finish on it.

and I found a CZ75B. Happy as a pig in shiitake now.

Just by coincidence, SB had 2 other guns I was interested in. They had a Jericho 941 that was sold but awaiting pickup. It was the midsize version, but damn, that's a nice gun. Feels like you could drop it from a plane and pick it up without a hiccup. Big, beefy and mean looking. I want one, but I want the full size flavor. Also. they had the first Bersa Thunder 9mm UC (Ultra Carry) that I've been able to fondle. I want it too. Nicely finished, good ergos, and a great price point. Those are the next 2 guns on my list, unless some impulse thing becomes available.

A good day, a very good day.

Thanks, guys. I'm hoping to get decent enough with the CZ to try some action shooting next season. Also, there's a .22 conversion kit for it that I'll be asking Santa for. As for the pink snubbie, that's Lynn's new toy. It's her first revolver, and she wants to get good with it. At least as good as can be expected from less than 2" of barrel

Ken congrats - around Northern NJ in 80 miles... :lol:

I think I hit all the local shops. Ramsey's selection was unimpressive, Simon Peter had a bunch of 1911's and some nice .22's, but nothing that interested me this time. They had the DAO version of the gun Lynn got, but I'm glad we kept looking. Hackettstown G&A had a nice assortment of guns, and was very helpful with our questions, but again, nothing that jumped out and screamed at us. Silver Bullet was the last stop, and had an impressively wide selection of guns. And, Frank was extraordinarily civil, almost friendly today. Didn't expect that.

Someone needs to open another shop up here. There aren't enough choices in the Northwest part of the state.

ken the 1911's you saw, any specifics prices etc, any used?

Sorry, Matt. I wasn't paying that much attention to them. There were probably 8 or 10 of them, and I know there was an assortment of brands, but I didn't get any further than that.

ken the 1911's you saw, any specifics prices etc, any used?

Sorry, Matt. I wasn't paying that much attention to them. There were probably 8 or 10 of them, and I know there was an assortment of brands, but I didn't get any further than that.

Awwww no love for your little buddy over here, and here I thought you were looking out for me :)

See you at 1 tomorrow as long as all goes well with me, can't wait to see the new toys

PS anyone coming to CR tomorrow if you have a gun rest i'd be forever grateful

Pink .38 you say? Me like :lol:

Lynn is enjoying it because PINK IS FOR GIRLS. That said, Matt looked oddly right shooting it today.

Ken your just mad that I was able to shoot it better than you b/c my soft small hands fit the gun better :)

It's all funny, but the guy who really got 'pistol whipped' was KEN at the end of the day. :lol::lol::lol: "Let's go honey!"

That wasn't "pistol whipped" but you're alphabetically close. In all fairness, we were standing around bsing for about 40 minutes. Good time for us, mostly like watching paint dry for her. I need to get her into shooting clays. She handled a 20ga. youth stock semi auto Daly on Saturday that fit her just fine. I may move that to the top of the list for the next round of shopping in a couple of months.

It's all funny, but the guy who really got 'pistol whipped' was KEN at the end of the day. :lol::lol::lol: "Let's go honey!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No I do believe that was a, "LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!" too funny, but a good day all in all

Yes please get her a shotty. Even look into the 1100's as Tim's wife loved Tom's

Ken (must) know I'm kidding with him. I have not had the luxury of bringing my wife, yet.

I'm staying away from this thread, its veering much to right into the wife territory, and thats just one thing I will stay away from. I pity you poor married men some days :) Ahhhh to be young and free, for once you guys are actually jealous of little ole me :)

I wish I could get my wife interested in shooting! She has handled some of my guns, wasn't interested in shooting them. It's a man thing, not for her she says. I will keep trying, though. OTOH, she is OK with me spending time on this stuff cause my other major hobby (motorcycles) is even more expensive & takes up more room & time, and there are more cheap floozies hanging about bike-related events. :twisted:

I pity you poor married men some days :) Ahhhh to be young and free, for once you guys are actually jealous of little ole me :)

I pity the single guys who still have to worry about what their girlfriends think of them ;)

Ahhh but that would mean I cared what they think of me. I get bored easily, so I usually only keep a certain female around for about 3 months, after that its on to the next one. I enjoy variety.

she is OK with me spending time on this stuff cause my other major hobby (motorcycles) is even more expensive & takes up more room & time, and there are more cheap floozies hanging about bike-related events. :twisted:

Vote for POST OF THE WEEK!

I pity you poor married men some days :) Ahhhh to be young and free, for once you guys are actually jealous of little ole me :)

I pity the single guys who still have to worry about what their girlfriends think of them ;)

Ahhh but that would mean I cared what they think of me. I get bored easily, so I usually only keep a certain female around for about 3 months, after that its on to the next one. I enjoy variety.

Females?, huh, I guess I was wrong about you. :mrgreen: