Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

1 hour in report

Actually, at this point, the only thing original is a portion of the foundation. Originally 2 bed 1 bath (if you could really call it that). It was more like one bed, one closet, one barely functional bathroom...

Now, 5 bed, 3 full bath, 2 zone heat and A/C.

Is this yours Dan or a project house. Sounds like fun, you should get me pictures

Actually, at this point, the only thing original is a portion of the foundation. Originally 2 bed 1 bath (if you could really call it that). It was more like one bed, one closet, one barely functional bathroom...

Now, 5 bed, 3 full bath, 2 zone heat and A/C.

Is this yours Dan or a project house. Sounds like fun, you should get me pictures

DUH - eff ehhhh see ee bee oh oh kay (facebook)

you need to put newer pictures up on FB as I think you are farther along than that. Looking good, I see you knocked it down to the foundation. Makes life so much easier sometimes.

Question those straps that are attached to the exterior plywood, hurricane straps??

M

well were just trying to keep this topic fresh until he posts back. But I think he actually got lost in the woods since we havn't had an update in hours. Do you think we should call the park rangers yet to go look for him. Or do you think he got a huge buck and their out celebrating??

well were just trying to keep this topic fresh until he posts back. But I think he actually got lost in the woods since we havn't had an update in hours. Do you think we should call the park rangers yet to go look for him. Or do you think he got a huge buck and their out celebrating??

Matt - THEY'RE out celebrating - contraction for two words THEY ARE - :|

you need to put newer pictures up on FB as I think you are farther along than that. Looking good, I see you knocked it down to the foundation. Makes life so much easier sometimes.

Question those straps that are attached to the exterior plywood, hurricane straps??

M

Yes, hurricane straps required, as were hurricane proof windows, and raising the first floor above 100 year flood level which required a course and a half on top of the original foundation.

I need to get the new pics from my folks. The structure is dried in, fully insulated, with the wiring, plumbing and HVAC all roughed. Drywall was hung last week, and I noticed a few electrical things missing this weekend that the electrician will have to jump on before the taping begins. Working towards being done for summer 2010.

What happened to OP?

Hey guys! I stopped posting yesterday because my battery was kinda low and figured I would save it in case I actually got lost! Don't worry.. I bought one of those booster packs today!

I almost shot the dog.. blur of brown darted across the field. I had my gun all set, hammer cocked.. just waiting for the brown to come out from behind the bush, finger off trigger of course.. then I saw the orange in the corner of my eye.. it was small game hunters.. on opening day of deer season.. hunting with a brown dog, with no vest on him.. geez.. those guys strolled right by without even looking at me.. heads up their asses.. the dog was looking at me though..

Let's see.. around 6pm, the sweat in my boots was too much to take for my wicking socks (I shoulda put on my fresh pair at lunch).. so I was kinda miserable. We thought the deer were bedding in the corn field, after walking to the parking lot to relieve myself, I decided to scare the deer out. I figured if i wasn't going to shoot one, I might as well try to see one.. so I walked along the corn. I heard a shot, followed by another shot about 30 seconds later. Went back to the blind in case they were running towards me.

Turns out, I must have scared two doe's down the hill to my friend. He said they just stood there and looked at him after the first miss. He had time to reload his gun (muzzle loader) and try another shot. He said the one he shot at seemed to vanish into thin air, the other stayed and watched until he opened the zipper on his blind. He said he didn't hear her crashing through the woods, no blood trail, stayed until it was too dark. We couldn't find her. So it's possible it was a second miss, but he was supposed to go back today to look again. Didn't hear from him today.

So all in all, sitting in the cold and rain sucks.. but I like the experience so far the few moments of adrenaline where quite different than any EMT call I've been on, and even different from when I skydived. And I had fun messing with the pheasants. So, I'm kinda happy to go back tomorrow (and hopefully not Tuesday).

Gear reviews:

Rocky Gore-Tex Boots = Awesome

Bob Kirshner's Deer Lure = stinky

Socks = awesome

walmart belt= teh suck

walmart fannypack/backpack = teh bigger suck

walmart camo shirts = good

Magnum Hunting Blind (From Dicks) = awesome

My gun = rusty

Me = teh sleepy!

:mrgreen:

So I guess this means no deer.

Any bears?

lots of fresh signs that the deer are here.. Just got find them, switched spots after lunch...

Tons of squirel, rabbits, chipmunks, woodpeckers, all making noise, no deer yet though..

Had a old guy ask us where the squirells were, we gave him the info, hoping he'd stir up some deer, but I guess he got lost.