matt6669

Got a good chuckle

Sooooo I needed to do a little unwinding time tonight so I broke out a new book I've been wanting to read.

Its Stalking the Angel by Robert Crais, it's a detective problem solving type of book you get the gist.

Anyway, I'm reading along and I get to a part where he goes to put his gun in his belt and it goes, some something, Dan Wesson revolver and I couldn't help but chuckle out of all the gun makers in the world, this particular guy picks a DW!!

FTW!

I read one of his other books a while ago - "The Watchman". There were a few cool guns mentioned by name in that one too. It's always cool to read a book where the author took 5 minutes to actually flesh out the gun details a bit instead of just writing something generic like "he pulled out a revolver"

It's always cool to read a book where the author took 5 minutes to actually flesh out the gun details a bit instead of just writing something generic like "he pulled out a revolver"

If that is what you like (and I do), you have to read any of Stephen Hunter's books - actually once you read one, you'll be hard-pressed NOT to read them all. I read Pale Horse Coming first and got hooked. I don't want it to be a spoiler, but the lead character puts together a gang of gun guys and even though he changes the names (to protect the innocent?) they are easily recognizable as some of the foremost gun handlers that ever lived - read it and see how many of them you can name.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

oh man a bunch of book nerds, AWESOME!

If you guys like those sort of books, I would check out David Baldacci. He writes a series called the Camel Club. The main character is an ex cia agent I believe who like calls out the president in one of his books. I just got his new one, I'm waiting til thanksgiving break to read it, I'm guaranteed to finish it in a day :)

Will check out the books you guys mentioned.

Oh you might want to check out clive cussler as well, big car nut, and action as well. I have tons of books if anyone is ever looking for something to read.

M

Since we're making recommendations :)

My favorite author is Barry Eisler and his "John Rain" series. I'm a knife guy as much as I am a gun guy, and that dude knows his stuff! Plus, there's something satisfying when one of the main characters just kills someone with the same knife you happen to have clipped to your pocket while you're reading the book :D

After that, check out Vince Flynn's "Mitch Rapp" series, and Brad Thor's "Scott Harvath" series of books.

All very good action/mystery/thriller/gun authors.

The Barry Eisler books have the best sex scenes, tho ;)

Hunter is the guy that wrote the book Shooter is based on, right?

Yeah, the book is called Point of Impact and is so much better than the movie. Hunter's books are long and they take the time to develop the characters and have numerous sub-plots. Just a much more satisfying read than viewing the movie.

Just finished a book called The Last Centurion by John Ringo. Set in the near future it's a great read and a little scary from a "being prophetic" standpoint. I think that you'll recognize the Nancy Pelosi character in this book. It's a new paperback out now and can be found at B&N or Borders with the new books. Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob