srtsam

Here's another good one: Supressors?

Suppressors are an NFA item. The only NFA item allowed in NJ are machine guns. Short Barrel rifles/shotguns, suppressors, and "other" (I forgot the technical term for it :lol: ) are not allowed at all.

And even then, having a machine gun is a pain in the arse.

*Forgot to add "Destructive devices." And the "other" is known as the All Other Weapons (AOW).

Okay, thats what I thought, but i wanted a second third and fourth opinion. I kinda knew but was hoping maybe supressors were forgotten and are treated the "concealed you better have a damn good reason carry thingee" we have here. Oh well, just another reason PA looks better and better. thanks

You know what happened? Too many politicians got offed by the mob in Jersey for not "playing ball". I'm sure it disturbed a few to go to the office next door to see a guy with a .45 round in his forehead and never hear a thing :o

Why do you think we have so many crooked politicians running the joint?

Here's an interesting side note to this topic. I was in a gun shop in Vermont - the state that, literally, has NO gun laws. The topic of suppressors came up and I was told they are illegal in Vermont. I asked, "How can that be (given the lack of gun laws)?" and was told that it was not a gun law, but a game commission law to prevent poaching. Just thought I'd throw that out FWIW - we're not the only state that can't have them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PS: INterestingly enough, they are easily available, and widely used in the UK - figure that one out!

I have a few friends with them. They have a novel attachment but after a while I lose interest in them. I don't see the cost as worth it for my use. Some friends over at SIG have them on handguns and some of their AR's and 556 rifles. Without the special sub-sonic ammo, they are less then effective.

yes but in n.j. the white buffalo co. has been using suppressed .223's in our deer management program to kill excess deer for a fee -

PS: INterestingly enough, they are easily available, and widely used in the UK - figure that one out!

:lol: yeah, you can buy a suppressor in the UK, you just can't own a gun to attach it to. :lol:

Wrong...you can buy a Long gun, even a .50 cal just no handguns.

Health and safety rules play a major factor in why the Uk allows suppressors.

Suppressors are an NFA item. The only NFA item allowed in NJ are machine guns. Short Barrel rifles/shotguns, suppressors, and "other" (I forgot the technical term for it :lol: ) are not allowed at all.

And even then, having a machine gun is a pain in the arse.

*Forgot to add "Destructive devices." And the "other" is known as the All Other Weapons (AOW).

arent short barrel shotguns allowed on pump action? i dont see where it limits that.

Barrels have to be 16'' regardless or its an SBS/SBR and need an NFA tax stamp. The overall length requirements are a part of the old AWB, which is still partially in effect in NJ (26'' I believe), but does not apply to pump shotguns (I believe that is the breakdown).

As per the NFA:

Prohibited firearms:

A short barreled shotgun is any shotgun (which is defined as a

shoulder fired, smooth bore firearm) with a barrel of less than 18"

or an overall length of less than 26", or any weapon made from a

shotgun falling into the same length parameters.