singh073

Petition to change NJ CCW laws!

Thank you very much for favoring me with your E-mail respecting my proposed Concealed Carry legislation.

As you probably know, I am the prime sponsor of this legislation. As I enter my eighth term in the Assembly, I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time. Not once has it ever received the courtesy of a hearing before the relevant committee.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to hear from folks advocating for freedom. Far too often, the only voices we Legislators hear are those arguing for bigger, more intrusive government, or those demanding something they have not earned, at the expense of their neighbors.

Unfortunately, New Jersey is one of the small minority of states which denies its citizens their fundamental right to bear arms in their own defense. Sadly, far too many of our legislators believe, passionately, that only governmental officials can be trusted with firearms. And, for the time being, these folks control the levers of power.

While your post makes a compelling case for this proposal, the studies and statistics you cite, which unequivocally demonstrate the merits of this legislation, simply make no impression on those whose opposition is rooted in fear and ideology. Unfortunately,

As I enter my eighth term in the Assembly, I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time. Not once has it ever received the courtesy of a hearing before the relevant committee.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to hear from folks advocating for freedom. Far too often, the only voices we Legislators hear are those arguing for bigger, more intrusive government, or those demanding something they have not earned, at the expense of their neighbors.

Nonetheless, I have confidence that, even in New Jersey, common sense will, at some point, prevail. Sooner or later, the merits of this legislation will become so patent that not even folks like Jon Corzine and Loretta Weinberg will dare oppose it.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write.

mpcarroll

The voice of NJ Citizens will need to be heard. If we can get enough people to show the support we can have the pro gun lobbyist put pressure on the State to have a hearing on this bill.

Jeeze I read a post somewhere that mentioned Christie was on the Hannity show and was asked about concealed carry in NJ. Christie's response was that it would never happen in NJ.

I'll have to see if I can find it.

HANNITY: Are there any issues where you are, quote, moderate to left as a Republican?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I favor some of the gun-control measures we have in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Bad idea.

CHRISTIE: Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there's a big hand gun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don't support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns