Mauser88

Extreme Handloading Accuracy

Two clean .308 holes through a quarter at 100 yards off the bench. I didn't think it possible with handloads but I did it. I've put one clean hole through at 100 many times in the past but never two.

These handloads actually preformed better then the Federal Gold Match ammo I tried.

New virgin Federal nickle brass using Sierra 168 gr. Matchking HPBT bullet ( #2200 ). Federal 210M primers. IMR4895 powder 42.5 gr. at appx. 2550 fps. COL was 2.800

Ammo was loaded using a PACT Digital Precision Powder Scale and Dispenser.

Testing and patience paid off big time.

Now to duplicate this at 200 yards is next. It's fun to be a reloader!!!

MVC-001L-6.jpg

Two clean .308 holes through a quarter at 100 yards off the bench. I didn't think it possible with handloads but I did it.

You could only do it with handloads. All competition benchrest shooting is only hand loaded, usually actually at the range depending on atmospheric and range conditions. There are 0 benchrest shooters using commercial ammo!

I have always gotten smaller groups with my own loaded ammo!

Fastened to the Target somehow? Maybe duct taped to the upright? Great shooting Tom, VERY impressive! When I was a kid, we would tape pennies to the rail road track and then try to find them after the train ran over them. The few we found were very thin and squished. :shock:

how the hell did you find that quarter after you shot it?

Yes it was taped to the target. As Uppercuts said I was able to hit 4 pennies too but they blew through the back of my target and I found all but one.

Here's the rifle I used. It's a Sig Blaser R93 LRS2 with a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5 X 50MM

MVC-002L-7.jpg

Two clean .308 holes through a quarter at 100 yards off the bench. I didn't think it possible with handloads but I did it. I've put one clean hole through at 100 many times in the past but never two.

These handloads actually preformed better then the Federal Gold Match ammo I tried.

New virgin Federal nickle brass using Sierra 168 gr. Matchking HPBT bullet ( #2200 ). Federal 210M primers. IMR4895 powder 42.5 gr. at appx. 2550 fps. COL was 2.800

Ammo was loaded using a PACT Digital Precision Powder Scale and Dispenser.

Testing and patience paid off big time.

Now to duplicate this at 200 yards is next. It's fun to be a reloader!!!

MVC-001L-6.jpg

Congrat! Glad to see your hard work paid off. Post a 5 shot target for us.