Jsko

My Stag Model 2

Here is my Stag model 2. It is my first AR type rifle. Ive added a few goodies since I picked it up.

Hogue Grip

Magpul Trigger Guard,

DD Omega Rail

Magpul Rail Covers

Eotech 517

Noveske Quick Detach End Plate

Mag is CProducts 15Round Lanced Mag

Looking to get Troy Backup Iron, the one that came with the rifle isn't the best.

Before

33ynu4y.jpg

After

dp7903.jpg

xlge13.jpg

Nice looking AR. How do you like the Magpul trigger guard? I don't mind the stock ones, but I've been thinking about trying out the aftermarket products.

I need to get updated pictures of my AR up here too 8-)

I didnt mind the stock one, but I just like the extra room, and it looks good

I bought it after the election, nothing was around and everyone was on 4 month back orders. I got it for 1000 shipped from someone in CT who had a shop and use to work for Stag Arms. So he always had rifles coming in. I don't have my bills around atm but I'd estimate over 1800 including the eotech and other parts.

I tell ya its an addiction.

Jsko, I have the same model except the land-handed version. Does the EOTech co-witness with the iron sights? Just curious cause that's the red dot I want.

The EOTech 512 will absolute co-witness (I believe there are others also, but I speak from personal experience with the 512), either with the stock screw mount or with GG&G's QR mount. HTH.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I don't know the difference between the 512 and 517 but that is the EOtech I want. I know some have night vision and other due dads but I just want a red dot EOtech that will co-witness with the buis.

Just stick with the 512 then, Ray. The differences between the 512 and 517 is that the 517 has the buttons on the side (this is great if you ever wanted to get a magnifier for your EOTech), and the 7mm raised base. I got the 517 myself because I prefer a 1/3 co witness, and the fact that its only $30 more (depending on the retailer) then the 512 (mounts can cost ridiculous amounts).

I like the idea of the XPS systems. Lightweight, more eye-relief and more room on the rifle. I've heard bad things about battery life, but I don't know how people gauge that. Some people, especially in combat zones, leave their optics on all the time; while us regular folk would obviously use it when we need too. I guess my only other gripe is that I prefer to have more glass like the 5** series. I'm not entirely sure how large the "view" is on the XPS optics, but I would prefer more glass because it allows for more manipulation of the rifle at different angles if need be while being able to keep the reticle on target.

Personally, if you want to go small, I would recommend the T-1 or H-1 from Aimpoint. Battery life is just as good as its larger counterparts, and the mounts made for that optic are probably the most solid mounts on the market. Also, they're a lot more space/weight friendly.

Thanks, Ben. I actually have 2 H1's already :D Like them a lot. Eventually wanna try out an EO because I like the idea of the 65moa/1moa reticle but didn't really like the size of the 5xx series. XPS seems a bit bigger than the H/T1s, but not ridiculously so. Something for a future AR maybe

Haha, totally led me on! JK. Yea, I really wanted an H-1, but didn't feel like forking out the extra 200-300$ at the time so I went with the 517. Pointless now since I've been using my DMS-1, haha.

So, no tacticool VFG, Jsko? :D . I have to admit I added a stubby on mine, though its more for hand reference, and not so much for use. Might have to consider the AFG once it becomes widely available.

Haha, totally led me on! JK. Yea, I really wanted an H-1, but didn't feel like forking out the extra 200-300$ at the time so I went with the 517. Pointless now since I've been using my DMS-1, haha.

I actually got a good deal on the H1s. Got one as part of a group buy over on M4C forum, and another at 20% off from G&R Tactical. Have them mounted to DD Micro mounts cuz I didn't need the quick disconnect feature of the Larue/ADM/Bobro mounts.. so saved a few bux there too.

How do you like the DMS-1. Can't say I know too much about them other than it's a variable power.

I had no idea what an AFG was till like 2 days ago when I saw a picture of one and spent an hour trying to track it down. Somehow I totally missed any announcements of them. Seems like a well thought out product and a bit more versatile than the KAC finger stop.

And in an attempt to not totally derail Jsko's thread (sorry bud :)):

Jsko - Nice AR! Do you have any close up pix of the C-Products mags? I've never completely understood how they block off their mags to only hold 15.

So, no tacticool VFG, Jsko? :D . I have to admit I added a stubby on mine, though its more for hand reference, and not so much for use. Might have to consider the AFG once it becomes widely available.

lmao, I was thinking about getting one!

Jsko - Nice AR! Do you have any close up pix of the C-Products mags? I've never completely understood how they block off their mags to only hold 15.

Ill get some tomorrow for you

Ill get some tomorrow for you

I didn't even know C-Products had blocked 20 rounders to 15. I bought my 15 rounders from Paul at Arms-N-Ammo. The mag that came with mine was a stupid 10 rounder. Which is only good for bench work.

I didn't even know C-Products had blocked 20 rounders to 15. I bought my 15 rounders from Paul at Arms-N-Ammo. The mag that came with mine was a stupid 10 rounder. Which is only good for bench work.
They are 30 rounders with the front and back rib lanced and bent in to restrict the follower to 15. I don't think they do 20s.
  • Like 1

They are 30 rounders with the front and back rib lanced and bent in to restrict the follower to 15. I don't think they do 20s.

Thank you sir, man your quick with these kinds of questions!