usnmars

glad I have a big chest freezer.

Well I just got back from the block shoot at my gun club. It was indoors so you didn't freeze your butt off, and you shoot out the window. I totally cleaned house,partly due to the fact that I was the only sober person there. They had $2.00 all the beer you could drink, so there were some intoxicated people there. This was the meat shoot so I ended up coming home with 6 full racks of ribs, 4 3ft long pork loins, 2 beef tenderloins, 2 fresh hams, 2 smoked hams, and about 20lbs of sausage and a bunch of veal. Between my dad and I we spent about $60.00 and ended making out great. Now just vacuum seal all the stuff and play tetris in my freezer. Maybe next time I come home I'll cook for us one night.

OK... I have to ask.. what exactly is a "meat shoot" (aside from the obvious)?

It is kinda like playing the lottery with a shotgun. They will announce that "this shoot is for a pork loin, ect. " you go up and buy your blocks which are 4"x4" sheets of paper with an x on them. Once the blocks are bought, they gather them up and bring them outside. 1 at a time they call you up to shoot your block with thier supplied ammo(which they dont give you until you are on the firing line). After everyone has shot, they bring them all inside to the judges who decides who wins. The person that gets a pellet closest to the middle of the x wins.