Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

Well, I went to Bayonne. The directions were great, no trouble finding it. Parked in the big lot across the road.

The two gentlemen who were working were great. Friendly, helpful and enjoyable to chat with. In fact, I left my WWII Museum hat with one of them. I'm at the Museum regularly because its a great place for lunch as well as seeing the exhibits, so getting a new hat won't be a big deal.

My 9mm was probably the biggest weapon at the range. It wasn't crowded, pretty well lit and fairly well ventilated. There were number of folks with 22LR and I shot one young fellow's Ruger rifle and let him shoot my M&P. I surprised him (and me) with a nice group, offhand at 10 yds. He was surprised that I was firing left handed so I explained how you need to shoot rifles and shotguins from your dominant eye side if you're going to be successful.

Had a nice chat with the gentlan who works there about Garands and their characteristics. I last fired a Garand almost 50 years ago (that's scary).

Lots of room, in the range, and in the outer room for socializing. I'll go back. It was about 15 min further than BH and has some later hours.

Yo! You shoulda PM'd me, I woulda came. Oh well, how did it go tonight?

Sorry, I'll PM you next time. Didn't realize that you hadn't followed the thread.

No biggie, the guys name is Vinny and he runs the place. He wears Glock cloths everyday, all day. Cleaning his yard, going to the store, funeral, Glock hat and tactical pants!

I live 3 minutes away so if you get the itch, send me a PM.

I live 3 minutes away so if you get the itch, send me a PM.

If I lived 3 minutes away I'd be broke from buying ammo and shooting every day they were open.

Yeah but their only open 4 days a week from 6pm till 10.

I know it's not perfect but I don't need a lot other than the range itself. It's actually a better environment for a group of people to chat as well as shoot and the fellows working there were very nice.

It might be an alternative week option to have a meet there in the off weeks from BH. Please don't misunderstand, but I usually shoot 2 or 3 days a week and one day every other week doesn't cut it for me.

I am planning to go to Bayonne tomorrow. I'll probably be there about 7:30 to 9:00.

Then I'll do BH next week.

I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow as well, maybe 7:30ish.

Do they sell ammo? I'm a bit low but even if they don't I might stop by and shoot with you tomorrow.

They sell ammo, some are reloads and some are standard stuff. The price is average.

I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow as well, maybe 7:30ish.

Do they sell ammo? I'm a bit low but even if they don't I might stop by and shoot with you tomorrow.

They sell ammo, some are reloads and some are standard stuff. The price is average.

I have had fair results with their 9mm reloads. One of the reasons I started thinking I should do it myself.

x2 with the crappy reloads. bought one box and there were a lot of FTFs and FTEs using my then new glock. i thought it was my firearm or me limpwristing. however, every single factory bought ammo fired without a problem.

Okay, so had a good night tonight. Nice to meet you George (damnyankee) and love that M&P trigger! Good to see Steve (Robot Hell) again and nice Springfield homie!

I had a fun time. It was nice to meet Ray and Steve. I got to fire Ray's Beretta and Steve's 1911A. I think I could adapt more easily to the 1911's trigger which is very much what I'm used to with my M&P's. The Beretta is certainly accurate and I'm certain I'd be OK with it after a few hundres rounds.

I think that Ray was amazed at the accuracy and groups he shot with the Kahr P380 and it's 2 1/2 inch barrel. I know he liked the trigger on the M&P with the full APEX Competition setup.

I'm looking forward to BH next week and I think I'll go to Bayonne on the off Tuesdays.

Thanks again to Ray and Steve for a fun evening.