Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

They have posted that they're closed 7/4 through 7/18.

I'll post a question in their Vendor area about cardboard.

damnyankee

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Cardboard?

Can I use a cardboard and staple my target to it? I'll take it with me for proper disposal when I leave.

bullethole

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 am

Re: Cardboard?

Yes no problem

Since you guys are keeping this going in one thread, I am going to make it a sticky.

Yay! We're oficial now.

btw, anyone interested in going tonight let me know.

Your best bet is to come down to Range 14... you can setup whatever the hell you want. Last time I was there I had a two tripods out front. One shooting video and another on a remote taking stills. Its also outside... longer range... etc. I'm bringing seltzer water down next time. Less sticky than mt dew ;)

Your best bet is to come down to Range 14... you can setup whatever the hell you want. Last time I was there I had a two tripods out front. One shooting video and another on a remote taking stills. Its also outside... longer range... etc. I'm bringing seltzer water down next time. Less sticky than mt dew ;)

Tell me about it. I was bullseye-ing eggs at 125 yards with my varmint rifle and I had them too0 close to my targets. Yuck! I am sticking with tomatoes and water bottles.

Okay, enough about how great Fort Dix is. Me and my old man and Nick (krdshrk) just did some blastin in Bayonne!

FYI, Glocks Rock!

FYI 2, SR9 is crazy! I have to sight it in again, I don't know if the sights moved or what.

Glock 19 is fun, but after firing that, it definitely made up my mind with the PX4.

Honestly I didn't like that SR9. The trigger pull is weird and it took forever for me to put it on target.

Excellent decision Nick, let me know when you wanna pick her up.

Honestly I didn't like that SR9. The trigger pull is weird and it took forever for me to put it on target.

The one time I fired Ray's SR9, I also found the trigger weird. Altho, I think Ray didn't have it very long and it probably wasn't broken in at all. I had the same impression when I first fired Sigman's PPS. The trigger just felt crunchy to me and I hated it. A month or two later when I tried it again, it had smoothed out a lot and I liked it a lot more. I need to put some rounds thru that SR9 again to see how it is now.

I got my M&P 9c back from APEX today and the trigger feels superb. Fantastic reset as well.

With BH closed is there someplace I can go to shoot tomorrow evening to try it out that isn't an hour+ away from Paramus?

If anyone wants to join me, I'll also bring the PM9 and P380 for them to try as well. I hope I don't have to wait for BH to reopen.

According to Randy at APEX, the trigger measures 2lb 7oz.

With BH closed is there someplace I can go to shoot tomorrow evening to try it out that isn't an hour+ away from Paramus?

If anyone wants to join me, I'll also bring the PM9 and P380 for them to try as well. I hope I don't have to wait for BH to reopen.

Only place I can think of off the top of my head is the range in Bayonne that Ray went to last night. Prob about 40 minutes away. Other than that you're looking at 1.5 hours down to Shore Shot or Brick.

ETA: also check out http://www.njgunmap.com - one of the members here (Melgamatic) compiled a list of ranges/shops/etc. May be something on there I'm not remembering.

I'm doing a software application install in the afternoon. If I finish by 6 I'll head down there, otherwise next week.

I appreciate the info about their hours. I'd like to get there in daylight the first trip.

The installation got postponed so I'm planning on going to Bayonne. I expect to be there by 7:30.

I'll bring 3 guns and ammo if anyone wants to try them.

I'll be wearing a tan WWII Museum baseball cap, blue knit shirt & blue pants.