Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

A PM9 and a P380. Both have CT LaserGuards and XS Big Dot sights. You'll be surprised at the accuracy these two have and how easy they are to shoot. The triggers are a long pull but you get used to them pretty quickly and they are smooth.

I'll bring my APEXized M&P 9c race gun next time. It's still out at APEX and I won't have it back until next week.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

A PM9 and a P380. Both have CT LaserGuards and XS Big Dot sights. You'll be surprised at the accuracy these two have and how easy they are to shoot. The triggers are a long pull but you get used to them pretty quickly and they are smooth.

I'll bring my APEXized M&P 9c race gun next time. It's still out at APEX and I won't have it back until next week.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

I just pee'ed my pants!

I would like to go and meet some of you guys, but I can't make it tonight. But when I do I'll be sure to bring some of my toys. Ranging from a STI open gun, Brazos limited gun, Trojan single stack 45, Nowlin single stack .40 s&w, or an early G17 that has some work done to it. No safe queens here, just shooters.

*sigh* I just found out the wife is dragging me to go see one of her friends who just had a kid. Bleh. I'm out. :x

Pretty interested... How much should I bring for admission and ammo?

$13 per hour for handgun

$20 per hour for high power rifle

$8 per half hour for handgun

$13 per half hour for high power rifle

Not sure how it works if you're just coming to hang out and check out some other peoples' guns. Ammo will depend on what you're shooting I guess.

I'll be there about 6ish. Don't know what traffic is like from the Paramus area.

Since I don't know anyone, I'll be wearing a tan WWII Museum baseball hat so you can find me.

I'll have the PM9 & P380 + ammo if anyone wants to try them.

I'll be there about 6ish. Don't know what traffic is like from the Paramus area.

Sadly, you may be the only one there from the "group"

I still want to shoot so it won't be a waste of my time.

I was looking forward to meeting some of you.

I'm also bringing a couple of nice pocket and mag holsters that I use with the Kahrs.

Shot my PM9 for an hour or so. My impressions -

I'm not used to indoor shooting and I need to add additional hearing protection.

I got a few weird looks since most of my practice with the PM9 and P380 is one handed and half of that is weak hand.

I got chastized for rapid fire. It wasn't that fast

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Id rather be safe than sorry... lots of guys use powered muffs AND ear plugs. The put in the plugs then jack up the volume on the muffs. You are amplifying what you want to hear back to normal volume, but cutting out the weapons fire.

This is the route I'll take.

Id rather be safe than sorry... lots of guys use powered muffs AND ear plugs. The put in the plugs then jack up the volume on the muffs. You are amplifying what you want to hear back to normal volume, but cutting out the weapons fire.

That's exactly what I do.

Which RO?

RO was the younger of the two who were there. Dark hair - didn't get his name. I don't want to give the wrong impression, he was friendly and polite. I probably shot 7 aimed rounds with the PM9 in 7+ seconds or so - not really rapid. He told me that 'double taps' were OK but that there had to be a pause after each. I didn't ask about Mozambique's since I'd already been told not to shoot at the head of the target unless I was a LEO. I didn't bother trying to explain to him that 6 aimed shots in half my time would be rapid fire.

I hadn't thought about it because one of their people (I assume one of their's since he was wearing a 'Gun for Hire' t-shirt) had been firing fast when i got there and while I was loading mags. He was firing faster then I did later. As an aside, what a stupid name. If you ran around in a t-shirt like that in everyday life and ever had to shoot someone in self defense, any DA would have a ball with you in court.

From the signs about not shooting the lights, etc., I can only assume that they get a bunch of AH's and beginners in there as well as competent shooters.

There were 2 guys one lane over from me who told me they were new to shooting and asked me a few questions. They weren't AH's at all but very nice young guys. They just need to get some competent instruction and they'll be fine. All they need to learn is stance, presentation, grip, sighting and trigger control and they'll become good competent shooters. They want to learn but I guess whoever sold them their guns didn't explain stuff like that to them. I felt badly for them that they were just blasting without a plan or learning agenda. /rant off.

Which RO?

RO was the younger of the two who were there. Dark hair - didn't get his name. I don't want to give the wrong impression, he was friendly and polite. I probably shot 7 aimed rounds with the PM9 in 7+ seconds or so - not really rapid. He told me that 'double taps' were OK but that there had to be a pause after each. I didn't ask about Mozambique's since I'd already been told not to shoot at the head of the target unless I was a LEO. I didn't bother trying to explain to him that 6 aimed shots in half my time would be rapid fire.

I hadn't thought about it because one of their people (I assume one of their's since he was wearing a 'Gun for Hire' t-shirt) had been firing fast when i got there and while I was loading mags. He was firing faster then I did later. As an aside, what a stupid name. If you ran around in a t-shirt like that in everyday life and ever had to shoot someone in self defense, any DA would have a ball with you in court.

From the signs about not shooting the lights, etc., I can only assume that they get a bunch of AH's and beginners in there as well as competent shooters.

There were 2 guys one lane over from me who told me they were new to shooting and asked me a few questions. They weren't AH's at all but very nice young guys. They just need to get some competent instruction and they'll be fine. All they need to learn is stance, presentation, grip, sighting and trigger control and they'll become good competent shooters. They want to learn but I guess whoever sold them their guns didn't explain stuff like that to them. I felt badly for them that they were just blasting without a plan or learning agenda. /rant off.

So let me get this straight because I have not been to BH in a few years. You can't rapid fire and you can't shoot at the head of a target unless you are LEO? Could someone explain to me why? Because when I go to the range to shoot/practice, I tend to shoot in fast and when I shoot for accuracy, I shoot for groups (increasing my speed as I go) and the groups are all over the target (including the "head" area) And is it really a head shot, when all you are doing is shooting at a small area near the top of the target.

Anthony, the owner of GFH is a good guy. The name certainly raises a lot of eyebrows, but I think that's the point. His school is across the street from BH.

Sadly, yes. To this day I still can't figure out how some of these people shoot out the lights. I remember being there one night, and I'm standing there firing off a few rounds, and in the middle of my string, one of the bulbs got shot out 1 lane over from me. The guy who was shooting paid for the bulb and left with his head down. Oh well.