NJ609

Can't stop toying with it....

I've read that with my Pardner Pump 18.5" 12ga you can drill out the magazine dimples to get another 2.75 inch round in there. Free 6+1 for the win!

It's supposedly just like doing so in your Remington 870. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions on how to proceed?

I have an 870 and have been considering the mag extension. Some people use a drill to remove the bump. I would use a Dremel bit to grind the bump from the outside. The inside of the hole must be free of any burrs or a lip and Dremel appears to be the best tool. MidwayUSA sells a tool designed to grind the bump from the inside of the tube but I don't think you need it.

Just performed this "operation". Started with a small pilot hole, used a larger bit to obliterate the bumps, and then sanded down the inside till it was totally flat. (Inside is not treated so you aren't rubbing any coating off.)

Then I used a "black paint" pen to cover the raw steel from the drill holes and bam, 6 in the tube. For free. :mrgreen:

Took 25 minutes!

um.... I would ask an ffl or someone else here... I am not a shotgun guy myself... but I believe I recall seeing in shotguns no more than 5 shells?

Doesn't apply to pump shotguns. What you're thinking of is the limit for a semi-auto shotguns, which, if I remember correctly, is 6 in the tube.

I may have to try this on my Pardner one of these days. Also, there's a guy that makes custom extensions for the Pardner to get it up 7+1 http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=8698

I bought a +2 extension from him for an 18.5" Mossberg 590A1.

um.... I would ask an ffl or someone else here... I am not a shotgun guy myself... but I believe I recall seeing in shotguns no more than 5 shells?

It's all good, pumps are allowed to have this many.

For a free modification it's rocks, although the custom extension is nice I don't have the cash now that the other thread has "informed me" that I am saving for an AR15. :lol:

Yeah, it's definitely not cheap when you consider it's not much more than a threaded 4" tube... but for some guns, it's the only way to go cuz no one else makes them. The 590A1 is my "go to" gun, so I splurged on it ;) I don't really use the Pardner at all, so a "free" mod is how I'm gonna go with that one :)

Yeah, it's definitely not cheap when you consider it's not much more than a threaded 4" tube... but for some guns, it's the only way to go cuz no one else makes them. The 590A1 is my "go to" gun, so I splurged on it ;) I don't really use the Pardner at all, so a "free" mod is how I'm gonna go with that one :)

Rock on, it's easy so I don't even need to wish you good luck.

Now instead of 5 shells of 00 buck in the tube, I have 5 shells of 00 buck followed by a big ass slug. I figure if I get down to the last shot I will need a hail mary!

Now instead of 5 shells of 00 buck in the tube, I have 5 shells of 00 buck followed by a big a** slug. I figure if I get down to the last shot I will need a hail mary!

That's what handgun transitions are for ;)

Now instead of 5 shells of 00 buck in the tube, I have 5 shells of 00 buck followed by a big a** slug. I figure if I get down to the last shot I will need a hail mary!

That's what handgun transitions are for ;)

Lol at 3 AM I'm not sure how much of a transition I'll be able to pull off.

Rock on, it's easy so I don't even need to wish you good luck.

Slugs REALLY are powerful...if you have thin walls or neighbors, another 00 buck will do just fine. If that's not an issue, I say, 6 rounds of slugs. I don't care who you are, there's slim chance of survival for a slug to the chest and to the head....have Crime Scene Cleanup on speed dial.

Slugs REALLY are powerful...if you have thin walls or neighbors, another 00 buck will do just fine. If that's not an issue, I say, 6 rounds of slugs. I don't care who you are, there's slim chance of survival for a slug to the chest and to the head....have Crime Scene Cleanup on speed dial.

I figure 5 rounds of 9 pellet 00 is going to stop anything short of a situation where I'm so threatened that the slug is required to save my life. Literally, life or death.