oofogbp

Lancaster Arms

how much do they typically run? do you have a link to any that are for sale?

just looked at the site they have and it appears that they sell converted Saigas and some other rifles.. if you are referring to the converted Saigas they sell i would say buy an unconverted one and do they work yourself.. i have built several Saigas and they are really fun rifles.. pretty easy to work on..

They also make AK variants using their own receivers, I have never shot one but have

handled them many times. They have a nice over all fit and finish and use good parts, personally I think

they are a waste of money myself. For the little over all improvement you will get in accuracy it's not

worth the $$. An AK is an AK and only going to be so accurate. If you want a higher end AK look for

a Mak-90, Polish or Yugo. Personally out of the many I have I like My cheapo Wasr the best followed

up by the MAK-90, plenty of AKM variants out there to choose from.

They also make AK variants using their own receivers, I have never shot one but have

handled them many times. They have a nice over all fit and finish and use good parts, personally I think

they are a waste of money myself. For the little over all improvement you will get in accuracy it's not

worth the $$. An AK is an AK and only going to be so accurate. If you want a higher end AK look for

a Mak-90, Polish or Yugo. Personally out of the many I have I like My cheapo Wasr the best followed

up by the MAK-90, plenty of AKM variants out there to choose from.

the part i highlighted seems to be VERY debatable.. i have a Saiga and have built several.. i have shot a few other AK variants as well.. i am far from an expert but the fit, finish, and accuracy of the Saiga has always seemed best to me (you will find many others that agree).. When you purchase a Saiga you are getting a true Russian built AK... in its STOCK form it is far from great.. the FCG is garbage.. but once replaced and restored back to its proper configuration its a great rifle.. I used a Dinzag arms modified Tapco FCG in mine and the pull is very smooth...

Paul has them available for $340 which is a STEAL.. buy one and build your own custom AK variant.. so you buy the rifle for $340 and you could do a basic conversion for under $200 making your total investment under $600 for a true Russian built AK..

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4455

This is mine in 7.62x39 but they are available in other calibers...

ultimakace1lp9.jpg

some will disagree and say an AK is an AK and i respect that opinion as everyone is entitled to an opinion.. but i think that for the cost of the Saiga its a great deal..

I have to disagree with you on that but it's a debate that could go on for ever.

I would take a milled MAK-90 or Polish over any Saiga any day of the week, I have seen the

comparisons done on saigas and really wasnt all that impressed along with a lot of usersl. American

special forces use Milled Chinese AK's that tells me something. I had a Non converted Saiga in .223 and

let it go 2 weeks later.

I am an AK nut once I get out of NJ I will have one from every country in every caliber including a Saiga. I just see many guys drop a ton of cash on these American custom AK builds and get disappointed when they are not shooting 1 moa at 100 yards. The fact of the matter is your going to be shooting minute of paper plate at 50-100yards if your doing well. If your looking for amazing accuracy your not going to find it in an AK and or out of the 7.62x39 round.

Just my .02

I have to disagree with you on that but it's a debate that could go on for ever.

I would take a milled MAK-90 or Polish over any Saiga any day of the week, I have seen the

comparisons done on saigas and really wasnt all that impressed along with a lot of usersl. American

special forces use Milled Chinese AK's that tells me something. I had a Non converted Saiga in .223 and

let it go 2 weeks later.

as i pointed out.. one of the most important aspects of the rifle in factory configuration is garbage.. to compare a Saiga that has been butchered to make it look more sporting to a military weapon is a grossly unfair comparison.. i would take ANY AK variant over an unconverted Saiga.. the factory FCG is HORRIBLE at BEST.. when you take the rifle down to nothing and see how its all linked in there.. the reason it sucks is pretty obvious..

I am an AK nut once I get out of NJ I will have one from every country in every caliber including a Saiga. I just see many guys drop a ton of cash on these American custom AK builds

Stock Saiga $340

Conversion parts $200 (give or take depending on what the USER wants)

Total cost $540

there are not a ton of AK variants available for a lot LESS than that.. and that is factoring in a GOOD fcg..

AK builds and get disappointed when they are not shooting 1 moa at 100 yards. The fact of the matter is your going to be shooting minute of paper plate at 50-100yards if your doing well.

Just my .02

you just ran the two extremes.. 1moa and a paper plate lol.. without really putting forth a TON of effort i was netting pretty tight groups at 50 yards, i never really took the time or effort to measure the grouping.. i don't view the AK platform as a precision weapon... so if it hits the target at up to 100 yards im happy.. but next time i go to the range maybe ill try extra hard and see just what it is capable of.. people who buy ANY AK and have bolt gun accuracy expectations are silly.. but to say the accuracy is poor is equally misleading.. the rifle is a battle rifle and is designed to hit a man size target at mid/close distances.. and for that i think it works well...

i built my Saiga to a ridiculous level.. but not because i expected it to be some sub moa marksman rifle.. i did it because i love the platform and really enjoy shooting it..

not arguing or anything.. just saying..

the rifle is a battle rifle and is designed to hit a man size target at mid/close distances

+1... as a disclaimer, I don't advocate any unlawful actions here. But, to me too, this type of rifle is indeed a battle rifle type. Maybe its not PC to say that, or it riles up the anti's... and honestly the rifle would probably never be used in its lifetime for that purpose. However, I totally agree with Damaged. Truth is, if I'm trying to take a precision shot at a long distance, I wouldn't want to do it with any AK. But for kicking it around in the field, and relying on it-- I've heard just as good of things about Saiga's as I have heard of other variants.

I went with Lancaster. Ordered a milled AKM 3060 in Russian Red. (order placed in August) Iam still waiting on shippment... Have to say that working with them has been terrible. I keep getting the run around. They have quality AKs, but the customer service sucks!

I'll update when I get the rifle.

I went with Lancaster. Ordered a milled AKM 3060 in Russian Red. (order placed in August) Iam still waiting on shippment... Have to say that working with them has been terrible. I keep getting the run around. They have quality AKs, but the customer service sucks!

I'll update when I get the rifle.

I could have built out a Saiga for every members on this forum in that time.. pathetic.. cancel the order and put together your own gun...

just my 2 cents..

Update: well I was told it shipped on 1/14 and to call for a tracking # on Monday. I finally got the # today after the run around all week.

And now for the kicker.... I just looked it up and it was created while on hold with them and has yet to ship.

Awesome!

Update: well I was told it shipped on 1/14 and to call for a tracking # on Monday. I finally got the # today after the run around all week.

And now for the kicker.... I just looked it up and it was created while on hold with them and has yet to ship.

Awesome!

cancel the order and put together your own gun...

just my 2 cents..

Granted with an AK it won't squeeze out more accuracy but it does cycle smoother due to less flexing than a stamped receiver.

in your mind maybe (no offense intended)... a Saiga is a true Russian built receiver (stamped).. are extremely inexpensive.. and are very accurate for that type of action.. don't fall for the milled AK kool aide... about all you are tangibly ending up with is a heavier receiver.. A gun of this type of action is going to be battlefield accurate.. COM accurate at battlefield range.. if you expect any more you will likely be disappointed.. to pay more and wait longer for a heavier gun makes no sense to me..

Please, lets start by building me one.

do you own a dremel?

get the parts and I am sure that quite a few of us could walk you through it over the interwebs.. lol

Saiga + a few parts + dremel + a few simple hand tools = true Russian AK variant..

no dremel here, but can consider purchasing one.

please send me a PM with what I need and where to begin.

the BEST thing to do is join Saiga-12.com they have a huge wealth of information there.. but you essentially buy a $300-$400 gun then rip it completely apart take out the god awful fire control group that they install.. replace with a Tapco G2 (or whatever you like).. then pick out some furniture.. and you are set.. with a real deal Russian setup.. they shoot well.. are incredibly durable.. and very easy to work on.. the furniture can be as elaborate or simple as you like..

Why all the milled hate?

Get a polish milled, its $589 still from JG (I think they still have em...)

Super, super smooth and well built

absolutely positively not hate.. I could never hate any gun that has that type of action.. lol I am just saying for me.. when given the chance to own an original Russian unit.. or another nations copy.. I will take the Russian unit... and further my point was why pay additional cash for a milled receiver when all you are really getting is a heavier unit.. my "kool aide" comment was geared towards those that think that magic elves make the milled version thus making it better in every capacity.. if by better they mean heavier.. then yes.. they are %100 correct.. it is "better"... no milled hate.. I am just a purist and stick with the Russian version.. :icon_e_biggrin: