Sign in to follow this  
McClane

West Deptford PD.

West Deptford PD (08086) is giving my girlfriend the run around while shes trying to apply for her firearms permits and I'm getting furious. First the woman handling it is only available for 3 hours a day 8:30-11:30 but wasn't available at all last week and only a couple days this week and she's unable to answer any questions. Apparently no one else in the whole PD can do it. The secretary will not tell her how much money she needs to bring in the form of a money order, says she'll have to go to an outside company for fingerprinting, and refused to let her apply when she walked in with all her paperwork filled out 3 times. (Twice last week and once today) I was told they no longer finger print there and she'd have to go elsewhere. WTF does that mean... do criminals have to go elsewhere after they've committed a crime in WD? Can they deny her the right to apply like that?

She needs to have this done tomorrow so I need to know what I'd have to do, to demand this to gets done tomorrow. I'm going to go with her tomorrow and I'm not leaving until it's done. How should I handle this?

Tried the the state police last week and they were less than helpful. First they told us they were incapable of doing it and to go through her local PD. I told them that was horse sh1t since it has to end up going through them anyway... not to mention the several people I know that have used the SP. Then they bounced us around to several different people all of which know nothing regarding firearms licensing thus nothing was able to get done. I'm running out of patience with these people.

My PD wanted electronic fingerprints(sagem morpho) taken first then go back to PD with receipt,paperwork, and money.

They stated to me that she would have to go in with all the paperwork and "get set up" to have finger prints taken. The problem is they won't let her come in with her paperwork and apply because there isn't anyone there to do it. This is unacceptable. :evil:

I was told they no longer finger print there and she'd have to go elsewhere. WTF does that mean

I can't understand all the trouble she is having. The women that takes care of the firearm permits has always been good to me. I picked up 3 handgun permits 2 weeks ago and even though she was not there a Police Officer took care of me. I am pretty sure all the PD's are sending everyone out for finger printing now but I am not sure where your girlfriend will have to go and I think she will have to make an appointment. If your girlfriend already has her Firearms Purchase Card and is submitting a handgun permit she will need a MO for $18.00 and $2.00 for each permit which she can pay cash. Just try to keep your cool tomorrow and not blow your top, don't give them any reason to give you any more of a hard time then they have and I am sure everything will work out.

I can't understand all the trouble she is having. The women that takes care of the firearm permits has always been good to me. I picked up 3 handgun permits 2 weeks ago and even though she was not there a Police Officer took care of me. I am pretty sure all the PD's are sending everyone out for finger printing now but I am not sure where your girlfriend will have to go and I think she will have to make an appointment. If your girlfriend already has her Firearms Purchase Card and is submitting a handgun permit she will need a MO for $18.00 and $2.00 for each permit which she can pay cash. Just try to keep your cool tomorrow and not blow your top, don't give them any reason to give you any more of a hard time then they have and I am sure everything will work out.

She's applying for everything for the first time. The problem is no one at the PD will actually help her put the paperwork in. The woman that handles it isn't there when she goes in and no one else will help her, officers included. And no one can answer questions because nobody knows what's going on. That's what's got me hot.

My PD wanted electronic fingerprints(sagem morpho) taken first then go back to PD with receipt,paperwork, and money.

Your going to have to do this, and then have her take the day off or go in late or whatever but she has to show up when the person that does the paperwork is there. There's no other way around it, nor is there special treatment etc. If they require electronic you must go to the Sagem Morpho location, and get your fingerprints done, and then go to your pd to do the paperwork.

M

Do you know anyone in the mayor's office?? Now might be a good time to cozy up to someone if you do... and ask him/her how to go about filing a lawsuit against the town, and the PD in particular regarding them preventing your wife from exercising her rights (don't say constitutional as they are not constitutional rights in NJ).

I was told they no longer finger print there and she'd have to go elsewhere. WTF does that mean

I am also surprised by the trouble she is having. All of my dealings with them have been great, and the woman who handles the pistol purchase permits has always been extremely nice to me and easy to deal with.

i too have had nothing but good experiences with the WDPD. I applied for my FID and two PP about three weeks ago, and this mourning she called me to let me know that I had forgotten to sign one of the applications (must be submitted in Duplicate). They could have been a real pain in the arse about it, and held up the whole process, but instead she allowed my to back date it to the date I first turned in the application. Also I was surprised when three days after i put my application in my references received letters from the WDPD. She is very nice and very helpful, and she said I should have my permits by the end of next week. After hearing more than one horror story about people waiting months for their permits, I am glad that we have sensible people handling the process in our town. You do have to go off site for fingerprinting, and your best bet is Saigo Morpho in Woodstown, as they are the least busy. I was able to get a next day appointment. Good luck.

I retract My former Statement, 6 weeks and still no FID. Maybe they aren't as helpful as I thought. Waiting on the detective to call me this afternoon and explain the delay.

"I had forgotten to sign one of the applications" I sure that is the reason for the delay. Hang in there you should get them soon.