zeenon

Bushnell Holosight Gen II/BUIS

If I have a holosight coming that I'm going to mount on an MP15 (S&W ORC Ready) is it worth to throw on a set of BUIS? (I have no sights at all currently)

Birthday is coming up and Midway sent over a special link that ties into my account for special prices.

YHM rear sight normally $89.99 is $76.50

YHM Gas block front normally $73.99 is $63.00 (I'm hoping this with fit on the SW #811013)

Thanks NJGF for the post on the ammo deal at Cabelas!!!!

Z

nickd,

Looks like your right, found this online:

The M&P15ORC AR15 has a gas block with integral Picatinny-style rail shares the same plane as the upper receiving rail for Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS)

I hate ordering from there but look like Cheap then Crap has the QDS set cheaper.

Z

Yes, the MP15 ORC model's gas block rails are level with the rest of the flattop rails.

Do I recommend BUIS? Always. I think being able to shoot with irons is fundamental, though that's debatable. However, without delving too much into the mindset of SHTF/TEOTWAWKI, an AR type rifle is made for the purpose of being able to go bang every time regardless (whether its strictly used for target shooting or home defense/SHTF as well). Optics that rely on batteries are not guaranteed to work 100% of the time (same applies to any scope), and that's when you need those irons. Its a redundancy thing which I believe is paramount (same reason why you should have a backup BCG for instance).

Good luck!

:text-goodpost:

I agree with BBK. Get some sights. Even if you always keep them folded down, it's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

Pete, you stole that quote from me! That'll cost you at the next meet-up.