matty

BA 2/9

Tony you have me thinking of putting the Witness on my List. Tim the M&P 15-22 is the funnest gun I have ever shot. It really puts a big smile on your face.

The Mighty 10mm Witness has definitely gone on my list. I really like that "Wonder" finish. It's much nicer than the dull steel look of the older models (kind of like the S&W Stainless semi-auto guns).

Tony you have me thinking of putting the Witness on my List. Tim the M&P 15-22 is the funnest gun I have ever shot. It really puts a big smile on your face.

The Mighty 10mm Witness has definitely gone on my list. I really like that "Wonder" finish. It's much nicer than the dull steel look of the older models (kind of like the S&W Stainless semi-auto guns).

Yes, I am looking at a 10mm also. EAA is the current sleeper in the gun market. As CZ's were 5 years ago.

Yes, I am looking at a 10mm also. EAA is the current sleeper in the gun market. As CZ's were 5 years ago.

Tim,

Maybe we can make 10mm autoloaders the latest trend on NJGF (prior ones include Remmy 700's, Marlin Lever Guns, etc).

I have been checking the list of current and past 10mm guns. After having read a lot about this, it's my belief that the 1911 design is not suitable for the full power 10mm loads.

I'm sure people disagree, but there are a lot of Kimber and Dan Wesson 10mm owners that have complained on the internet about the beating their gun takes. The original Colt Delta Elites were notorious for cracked frames due to a bad design in the slide stop notch. A stronger recoil spring is not always the answer. Yes, it prevents the slide from ramming back all the way. On the other hand, that same spring strength forces the slide to be rammed into battery really hard. The solution, that the Glock and the S&W 10XX models employ, is using a really heavy slide in conjunction with a stiff spring. The heavy slide dramatically reduces the beating.

This leaves the EAA Witness, Glock 20 (or 29), and the TC single shots as the only currently made 10mm to buy. I would like to have a gun that I could take into the woods in Pennsylvania, so a single shot is notwhat I'm looking for. At some point in the next few months, VLTOR systems will be bringing back the Bren-Ten. That looks like a cool gun. I owned a Glock 20SF, and the full-size Glock models (20, 21) never fit in my hand very well so I sold it. The S&W 10XX models are really strong, but they are no longer made, so parts availability concern me (and they only hold 9 rounds, which is lame for a gun that big). That's why I am looking at the Steel Witness. She's the only one left (and has a capacity of 15 rounds). :)

I have to say I am psyched to start reloading again in 10mm. You can make some real fire-breathing loads in it.

Everyone there shot it last night just to say they did and Matt did not :lol:

And it's still shiny stainless. I haven't blackened her yet. Matt, your window of opportunity to try her the way you like her is shrinking. :twisted:

Everyone there shot it last night just to say they did and Matt did not :lol:

And it's still shiny stainless. I haven't blackened her yet. Matt, your window of opportunity to try her the way you like her is shrinking. :twisted:

I'll pay you exactly what you paid for it, even though you shot it. Then you can go buy the new CCO which is already blued!!

Please don't ruin that beautiful gun!

I'll pay you exactly what you paid for it, even though you shot it. Then you can go buy the new CCO which is already blued!!

Please don't ruin that beautiful gun!

Sorry Matt.

The CCO is an Officer's frame in alloy. The new Bobtail Guardian is only in 9mm and is alloy. And the all-steel V-Bob has a MSRP of 2k.