bry@n

shot .40 for the first time last night

I'm still waiting on the explanation on how the .45 GAP is the most popular American round.

I think you mis-read Ray Ray's comment. I took it as an insult to the .45GAP, it was trying to take fame away from the .45ACP which is the popular American round.

I'm still waiting on the explanation on how the .45 GAP is the most popular American round.

I think you mis-read Ray Ray's comment. I took it as an insult to the .45GAP, it was trying to take fame away from the .45ACP which is the popular American round.

Thanks for clearing that up Chad, Eddie is too busy selling his ghetto blasters to realize what I meant.

Okay PizzaHut bob, explain the .222 Remington?

.30 AR? Another 30 cal bullet for dear hunting? Like the 30-06, 30-30, and 308 weren't enouh.

455 Webly? Couldn't the English just use the 45 Long Colt?

You're killing me here...

.222 Remington is a great little cartridge. Terrific for varminters. Its fall from grace was simply the result of the 5.56x45 being chosen for our military and NATO. The Ballistics are very similar, but there is a ton more brass out there for the 5.56. The .222 was a darling of the benchrest crowd for a long time until the PPC cartridges eclipsed it - so the .222 may have a slight edge in accuracy over the 5.56. Hell, just because something is old, doesn't mean it should be abandoned - if that were the case, I'd have been set adrift on an ice flow long ago.

.30 AR was just so they could have a .30 caliber cartridge to use in what would otherwise be a 5.56 AR platform. Remington wanted something unique and american as opposed to just using the 7.62x39 round of the former communist block. Yes, there are better choices for the AR, but this nicely fills the .30 caliber niche.

The .455 Webley is more akin to the .45 Scofield than the Colt (not Long - that's a misnomer). At the point in time that these cartridges came into being, transatlantic communication was not what it is today and thus there was little sharing of information. Cartridge development was on a more parallel basis with the result often time being similar. Regardless of the cartridge, there is nothing like big-bore revolver.

Is that all you got? And there's no HUT, it's just Pizza Bob - I tend to favor the independents, but can appreciate all pizzas.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have more little Casears pizza bob!

25acp? a small bullet that is acually less powerful than a 22lr.

32acp? didn't the 380acp illiminate this bullets usefulness as a pocket auto?

480 Ruger? Don't we have enough magnums out there? 454, 500s&W, 460s&w

My friend has an *old* Colt .32 that is absolutely a joy to shoot. The thing is all metal. OLD SCHOOL.

Other than that I think you are right. .380 is as small as I'd go with any real hope of success if they are wearing anything more than paper clothing. Hence my LCP being the smallest non .22 I own.

I have more little Casears pizza bob!

Ok, you've worn me down. I agree about the .25 ACP. However, the .32 (7.65) is OK. Not as effective as a .380 but there are a lot of Euro handguns (as well as domestics) out there that are chambered for this round. Hell, if it was good enough for James Bond, it's good enough for me.

Again, in agreement on the .480. This was Ruger's proprietary entry in the caliber "horsepower wars" and the public voted with their wallets. The S&W .460 is the hands-down, most versatile winner in this category. The .500 S&W, while not as sensible (is there truly a "sensible" cartridge when we get to this level in a one-handed gun?) will stick around merely on the basis of its bore dimension being half an inch and all the cache that engenders.

Enough already. And Lil Ceasar's was OK for what it was - are there still any around?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for clearing that up Chad, Eddie is too busy selling his ghetto blasters to realize what I meant.

Reverse that

Right....all except the ghetto blasters part ;)

What the heck is a "ghetto blaster"?

The original meaning of "ghetto blaster" was the radio the homies would carry around on their shoulders in the 80's.

The original meaning of "ghetto blaster" was the radio the homies would carry around on their shoulders in the 80's.

Now you're showing your age man...

Now they call them "smart phones". How ironic. You look like a dumb-ass when you can't plug in a set of headphones to spare people around you from your crappy choice in music.

Ray you can shoot my Glock "GB" if you bring the HiPower. I'll even switch the 9mm barrel out and put in the .40 cal. ;)