Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Orlando Airport has free wifi...

checked baggage is now $20 per bag? And even the first one. its crazy.

I do have 2 carryons.... my shooting bag... and my laptop bag.

IIRC newark charges for internet.... and when I was in Frankfurt, I know you had to pay there, as well as JFK.

home.

Flight took a bit under 2 hours from takeoff to landing from Orlando to Atlantic City... with my 2 carry ons, was at my car within 15 mins of landing.

+1 to Atlantic City airport.... it was a joy to fly out of, and to.

Also, Spirit Air is pretty nice.... nice new jets, fairly nice FA's.

Economy parking located very close to the airport at only $8 a day was a great deal.... and the free shuttle directly to my car was even better, even though the ride took less than 30 seconds. lol.

Every year I like to take a vacation to Monterrey, CA to watch the US MotoGP with some friends who live in the bay area. A couple years back the company sent me to Seattle for some training the week prior to the GP. Not a problem, i'll just skip the friday practice, fly down friday eve after the seminar and join up with my friends. Well, there's a Cabela's only 1 hr drive from the SeaTac area so of course i went there one evening to grab a few small things (But nothing i knew i couldn't pack ion the suitcase for home). I also went to a local shooting range to waste some time one evening and rented a 10mm pistol for the first time. Since i keep a growing collection of spent cases of every caliber i can find, i grabbed a few to take home. One my way to the airport there was some aweful friday traffic and i had to haul ass through the rental return and up to security. I put my carry on with my goodies and apparently spent shells on the conveyor belt just praying my flight doesn't leave without me. I only realized it when i was standing there impatiently waiting for my bag to go through that the stuff was in the bag and i immediately turned white with panic. The bag went through, came out the other side like it was all ok but guy went and backed the conveyor up and my bag through the x-ray again to take another look. I watched the guy scrutinize the screen with more intensity and concern this time but then turned to me and said, "its clear". A wave of relief immediately fell over me as i grabbed my stuff and sprinted to the gate. I still don't know what he saw that caused him alarm initially but i suppose a few loose shells in the bottom plus some gun cleaning tools must have been the reason. I thought for sure he was gonna open it up.

Hell, every time i bring a helmet on an airplane, they fully inspect my helmet bag and look at me like "WTF are you bringing a helmet on an airplane for?"

Every year I like to take a vacation to Monterrey, CA to watch the US MotoGP with some friends who live in the bay area. A couple years back the company sent me to Seattle for some training the week prior to the GP. Not a problem, i'll just skip the friday practice, fly down friday eve after the seminar and join up with my friends. Well, there's a Cabela's only 1 hr drive from the SeaTac area so of course i went there one evening to grab a few small things (But nothing i knew i couldn't pack ion the suitcase for home). I also went to a local shooting range to waste some time one evening and rented a 10mm pistol for the first time. Since i keep a growing collection of spent cases of every caliber i can find, i grabbed a few to take home. One my way to the airport there was some aweful friday traffic and i had to haul a** through the rental return and up to security. I put my carry on with my goodies and apparently spent shells on the conveyor belt just praying my flight doesn't leave without me. I only realized it when i was standing there impatiently waiting for my bag to go through that the stuff was in the bag and i immediately turned white with panic. The bag went through, came out the other side like it was all ok but guy went and backed the conveyor up and my bag through the x-ray again to take another look. I watched the guy scrutinize the screen with more intensity and concern this time but then turned to me and said, "its clear". A wave of relief immediately fell over me as i grabbed my stuff and sprinted to the gate. I still don't know what he saw that caused him alarm initially but i suppose a few loose shells in the bottom plus some gun cleaning tools must have been the reason. I thought for sure he was gonna open it up.

Hell, every time i bring a helmet on an airplane, they fully inspect my helmet bag and look at me like "WTF are you bringing a helmet on an airplane for?"

LOL. In case of turbulence. =)

Interesting "fluke". If you take your bag to the gate, they will then check it for you free. My wife flew from Orlando to Philadelphia last week and returned yesterday from Philly to Orlando and in both flights took her oversize bag (too large to carry on) to the gate and it was checked no charge. I don't mind paying for a flight....but don't always try to "nickel dime" me.

Interesting "fluke". If you take your bag to the gate, they will then check it for you free. My wife flew from Orlando to Philadelphia last week and returned yesterday from Philly to Orlando and in both flights took her oversize bag (too large to carry on) to the gate and it was checked no charge. I don't mind paying for a flight....but don't always try to "nickel dime" me.

Right at the plane they offered to check bags as the plane was getting full of carry-ons.