Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Is this true? "smart guns"

Yup, and they keep giving grant money to the guy who says he can build it, but its been delayed twice since 2002, so don't expect it to ever come to fruition. And Jersey is the only state that requires it, so it'd basically be a ban, because no manufacturer is going to make specific models with that technology at a more expensive price for just one state.

PS passing a law based on technology that doesn't exist has got to be the stupidest Fing thing I have ever heard

Welcome to NJ.

And it'll never happen. He'd have to make something that's generic enough to work with every model and since its a 3rd party add-on (because no manufacturer is going to pay the extra costs), he would end up responsible for any malfunctions or defects. He'd be 100% liable since he's altering someone else's product. The only way he could get away with it would be like a biometric lock, but then it doesn't make the gun safer, only makes it so only that person can unlock it. And then if something like that story about the wife, he'd be personal liable if she couldn't have used the gun and was killed. Right now he's just sucking up tax payer dollars trying to build something that won't be built.

For me, if they make something or not isnt really the issue. The fact this got passed on something that doesnt exist is. The fact the state wants to decide the tech is good enough for me but not good enough for LE is. That right there is what causes me the greatest concern because it indicates their mentality that a flawed solution is good enough to be forced down the necks of the civilian population.

I will use one of my MANUAL guns to destroy their biometric guns...While they look for the finger print, I am on my 2nd reload...in the war of the future of course..