bry@n

Home defense ammo for a newbie

Shoot to stop the threat. If it ends up killing the guy, so it goes. If the guy is down and no threat, stop shooting.

That last "safety round" into the scumbag could cost you your freedom.

You got that one right for sure. Anything deemed overkill will be your downfall legally, whether morally justifiable or not.

Just do only what you have to do in order to incapacitate, and then pray hard things work out in the end.

A dead crook doesn

Me thinks the "clip" went over some peoples' heads.. figuratively and literally ;)

How does anyone know the referenced weapon was not an SKS, one of the more common "assault rifles" here in NJ? There are surely hollow point 7.62x39's, are there not? Did the OP state it was a handgun he needed ammo for?

Is it really that big a deal to anyone anyhow?

Me thinks the "clip" went over some peoples' heads.. figuratively and literally ;)

How does anyone know the referenced weapon was not an SKS, one of the more common "assault rifles" here in NJ? There are surely hollow point 7.62x39's, are there not? Did the OP state it was a handgun he needed ammo for?

Is it really that big a deal to anyone anyhow?

It's not a big deal at all. The ensuing comments did amuse ME tho... but I'm easily amused ;)

As for the OP, he did reference hydra shock, so if I had to guess, I would say the question was directed at handgun ammo since, with the exception of slugs, hydra shock is always handgun ammo to my knowledge. But you are correct - he didn't explicitly state handguns, so the SKS/Garand comments are in fact valid and on topic :)

It's not a big deal at all. The ensuing comments did amuse ME tho... but I'm easily amused ;)

As for the OP, he did reference hydra shock, so if I had to guess, I would say the question was directed at handgun ammo since, with the exception of slugs, hydra-shock is always handgun ammo to my knowledge. But you are correct - he didn't explicitly state handguns, so the SKS/Garand comments are in fact valid and on topic :)

Yes, the hydra-shok was an indicator that he was almost certainly referring to a pistol. I assumed he was as well, but I was just making an example.

Maybe I have seen one too many a newer guy get hammered for the term by others not looking to educate, but rather demean. This to make themselves feel like the smarter individual over something trivial.

When someone states "I will just empty my clip into him", the overt mistake that I see is the blind assumption of being able to do so at will.

Okay, since I am new and need to pick up ammo for home defense.

I am confused about the hollow point as opposed to jacketed hollow point. Is there a differense?

What about hydra shok?

Whats legal?

TIA..

The NJSP web site only covers transportation and use of sportsman. In the NJSL site they only mention purchace/transporting and possesion/storing.. nothing about for home defense. Here's the statute and here's the web site from the NJSP.....http://www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html (read the heading and that will tell you in a nut shell what is allowed)

(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land

Now,if the SP new what the "law" says, then they would say it on thier web site correct?