Sign in to follow this  
Scrap

anybody know "COUNTYSPORTS" in Carneys Point?

First they were rude to me in a few emails a month ago, but I let it go.... then the dude was completely rude to me just now on the phone... I noticed they had several AR's I considered wanting to look at... and I called to ask about them.. "

"HELLO??"

"Hi is this County Sports , the gun shop listed on Guns America?"

"YEAH!!!'

"This is the County Sports gun shop I found on "

YEAH WHAT?

Okay I was interested in a few of the AR rifles I saw..

"YEAH WE GOT GUNS"

"Ok I was interested in maybe trading a few of the things I have that I've never fired before..."

"BRING THEM IN..."

"Yeah but the thing is..."

"NOT TO CUT YOU OFF, BUT I JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR, IT's 8AM, HAVEN'T EVEN HAD COFFEE YET, AND YOU GOTTA BRING THEM IN... I CAN'T BE GIVING NO INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE..."

But you see, I live 80 miles away, and I just wanted to get some basic info before I took the trip...

"Ok whatever be like that click"...

OK WHATEVER BE LIKE THAT?????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Fck you guys. I'm gonna facebook post the sheeit out of you on general principle.

Dont shop there.

Scrap, I'm surprised the way you were treated in your phone call with Country Sports. I've purchased two guns from them. I also buy ammo from them as they always have excellent pricing and only charge 3 1/2 % tax.

I deal with Darryl who I assume is the owner and he seems to be a pleasant guy. It's possible you got somebody on the phone who shouldn't be in the business. If you want to try again, ask for Darryl.

Yeah I know they place you talk about. Well I bought my first gun at his shop and got to say it was a pleasant experience. Real friendly and willing to show you anything he has on display. He has a small shop and I mean small. Talking walk in closet small but again friendly and very knowledgeable about guns. He even gave me his internet price which he had on GunsAmerica.

That was back in November. Now in January seems like something changed and his attitude over the phone was horrible. I don't live 80 miles away from him but 30 miles is not a short ride either. So when I emailed him about what I was looking for he said call. So I did and even had the part numbers of what I was looking for. The guy was real annoyed and asked me if I had been there before. I said yes and my wife was all there also looking for something for herself. He said ok but you need to come in and look over what we have. Politely hung up the phone and said screw him. When it comes to my money you work for me and I don't work for you. Treat me right and I will tell everyone and anyone who will listen.

Take a look around you find better, cheaper and closer.

This is my problem in general, and I come from retail business (booze not guns but still)

This is not opinion right here, this is a pure fact... I may be posting it of my own validation, but's a fact:

THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WHO ARE TRYING TO GET MONEY THAN ONES THAT WANT TO SPEND IT.

IF I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND, ON A GUN/FIREARM OR OTHERWISE, YOU AS A SELLER SHOULD BE CONVINCING ME TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CONVINCE YOU TO DO ME THE HONOR AND FAVOR OF TAKING MY MONEY.

Cheyenne Mt Outfitters is famous for jacka$$ staff that act like they're doing me a favor... And the funny part is this: I look really young, I get carded for gasoline assumin I'm not old enough to drive let alone be 30... but I have a deep voice and when I'm on the phone, I'll make an appt say to see a partic. weapon. Then Ishow up, "Wait, YOU'RE Joe Blow... ?? JOE BLOW ? Who wants to see the Benelli? JOE BLOW FOR THE BENELLI? You know it's like X amount of dollars??"

Yeah dooshbag I know. I'll go to Dick's sporting goods next time. At least there, the kids seem to be of the attitude, "I get paid by the hour, might as well spend my time here getting paid to help you get a boomstick!!"

As far as County Sports goes, whatever. I wasn't looking for a handout. I want an AR/M4 at they have a new Stag Arms and a new Colt MT (among others) listed on "GunsAmerica." I have a few NIB firearms I've never touched and one or two I've only used once. If they/he/whoever had even given me even a basic amount of info earlier today, I probably would have been down there already, done some trades/ paid the balance, and be posting pics of my new Colt M4... but no, I wasn't. Therefore you don't get the pleasure ofmy business and the sustainable of my money into your business. You're not drinking my Chateau Cash Flow or Domaine de la Dollar tonight.

Sorry for the rant but I've had so many poor experiences with gun sales and stores in the past few months its getting old.