jermz1987

World War II Pics.

If you look at pic 16, one of the soldiers has a Tommy gun with a drum magazine. I wonder if he brought that himself, because if I am not mistaken didn't they only give them regular magazines?

If you look at pic 16, one of the soldiers has a Tommy gun with a drum magazine. I wonder if he brought that himself, because if I am not mistaken didn't they only give them regular magazines?

The only thing I noticed about that one was good trigger discipline. :)

Man this goes to show you war really is hell for the most part. If I pictured myself in half of those pictures, I'd probably shit myself.. I'd hate to be an enemy plane in picture 95, man they are lighting up the sky with anti-aircraft.

What else can you say :clap: These photos are a very humbling collage of what these brave men and women went through. Like they say, this is "The Greatest Generation". We have very big shoes to fill. Thanks for posting this Jeremy.

Thanks for sharing. I had the opportunity to volunteer some hours at VA sponsored retirement homes. Really interesting people with some really interesting stories. Its humbling, but almost haunting how much things haven't changed for the boots on the ground (and similar comparisons for the other branches).

Looking through the pictures, I couldn't imagine going to work for an extended amount of time with the amount of gear they had (or didn't have for that matter). Maybe the troops hump out more then necessary these days... but I'd rather have too much (w/o sacrificing mobility) then not even having enough socks :shock:

Heroes, real heroes.

What else can you say :clap: These photos are a very humbling collage of what these brave men and women went through. Like they say, this is "The Greatest Generation". We have very big shoes to fill. Thanks for posting this Jeremy.

I suspect that if we, that is, the folks reading this thread were given that challenge, we'd rise to the occasion. This is not to demean anything done by those great men, not at all. This is to say that patriots and warriors are among us all, they simply need to hear the call. I am from a military family and know how blanked up my brothers were before their time in the US military. It turned them into good decent men and when tasked, most folks respond the same way.

They were issued to certain branches of the military at one time.

There wasn't much of buying anything, almost everything was rationed the rest went to the war effort.

You could not even walk into a store and buy shoes unless you had a ration card for them.