Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Am I a bad person because this made me laugh?

How's that saying go?

Shoot 'em all, let Allah sort them out!

Also:

"Easy, you just don't lead them as much."

P.S. I fully support our troops in all arenas. I also do not believe in second-guessing battlefiled calls days, months or years later. Learning from them, yes, but second-guessing, no.

Kinda annoyed me. It's a spoof about whats on that lefty org's website.

Like the US military is a bunch of wanton baby killers or something.

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

NO MORE VIETNAMS !!!!

Ed:

Don't believe that "baby killer" Vietnam shit!

Anybody with a weapon is a threat! When you see

kids w/ weapons and suicide bombers, they're out to

kill you.

FS

Kinda annoyed me. It's a spoof about whats on that lefty org's website.

Like the US military is a bunch of wanton baby killers or something.

Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

NO MORE VIETNAMS !!!!

Ed:

Don't believe that "baby killer" Vietnam ****!

Anybody with a weapon is a threat! When you see

kids w/ weapons and suicide bombers, they're out to

kill you.

FS

Never did believe that crap. I just want to nip this generations version's of it in the bud. I'm very proud of all our veterans combat or otherwise!!! Especially the one who had to suffer under Carter !!

What the video really drove home for me was how terrible it is for our deployed service men and women (and all the civilians on both sides). I felt sick watching those soldiers arrive on scene and have to walk through the remains of 12 human beings (despite their affiliation) hit by cannon fire. It would take a very callous person to not be effected by that. Seeing the soldier removing the little girl for medevac I just shuddered. I'm glad the gun cameras aren't in color.

I know through emt training about distancing and car accidents can be horrific, but this just seems beyond the pale.

The initial link is a bit of satire, but it does hint at something that a lot of civilians just wouldn't understand in regards to the "warrior mindset." From the get-go, unlike even LEOs, military trains to "dehumanize" the opposition. That its just "targets," OPFOR, pop-ups, "tangos," hajjis, and a slew of other terms (some derogatory). The military does this on purpose as a means of allowing mostly decent people to do not really decent things... a battlefield psyche thing. With that said, everyone reacts differently... mostly because in real life they aren't pop-ups... seriously, its only human, and its the reason why PTSD doesn't become an issue until most are back on the home front-- or years down the road in their civilian lives.