Sign in to follow this  
petros600

Browning O/U value?

I don't know about that gun in particular, but the Belgian Brownings are held in very high regard among the Fudds. I suggest you have it looked at by a competent appraiser with shotgun experience. It may be worth quite a bit.

Petros...

The '30 era brownings are real POSs... dangerous.... you should dispose of it.

I am looking for a wall hanger. I would give you $25 bucks for it.

:twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Superposed

The Superposed was the first O/U. It is also one of the best. They were very complicated to build, and need maintainance every few years just like a fine swiss watch. They were the last completed design by John Browning. Value really relates to grade... They all say Special Steel on the barrels I believe. If you can find a grade marking... Field, Pigeon or Midas that would help. Yours looks like a Standard, or Field or Lightning depending on year.

I have seen Superposed go for $1000 to $20000! Oh... make that $45,000 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =164307952)

I hope you got it for a song. If you did and you would like to sell it or trade it please let me know.

ok... good deal. Yes.

Hell I do believe that might have been the first trade that ever involved an SKS and a Super. As a matter of fact.. that might have been the first time they were ever mentioned in the same sentence together!

Let me know if you ever want to move it. I have been known to trade a thing or two also.

the best part is that doesnt feel or look old. He didnt recall the last that he use it so thats the reason he trade it. He was very happy with the sks and that i offer the $$$ for the trade.

As long as both parties are happy then it's a good deal.

Now, if you sell it for a ton of cash, don't tell you buddy cause he might pee his pants!!!