lunker

Rock Island 1911 Sale

I always have my eye out for a 9mm 1911... The wife really likes the 1911 frame and weight, but would prefer a smaller caliber then .45. It will be interesting to see what they have to say. I've never seen a Taurus 1911, Kimber seems to only do a batch every now and never, I lack the funds for an STI, and the older used colt models are also quite expensive.

Not that it matter, I lack the permits at the moment anyway... :doh:

If only Meltzers would let me ship it there. I would definitly buy one

I don't want to assume, but is that because Meltzer's doesn't allow other FFLs to ship them any guns? Or guns that they normally carry?

If that were the case (and of course I am speaking for myself only) I would cease giving them my business immediately and find an FFL with more customer friendly practices. I bet that there are a half dozen FFLs withhin a half hour drive of Metzlers that could accomodate you.

Trying to decide whether to order the hi-cap version, Nickle plated version or hold off and save a bit more. Trying to buy a large caliber like .44 or bigger lol. I've had my eyes on a D.E .50. My birthdays coming up and i wanna get myself something special but the thought of handing over $1400 for a gun is crazy. God I hate decisions. This is why I need a woman in my life lol

As far as Rock Island is concerned, I would go with the plain Jane model, no upgrades, single stack, as close to John Browning's design as possible in order that you can fix it easily with OverTheCounter parts if it fails on you.

Or you can send it in to them and they will fix it for free :-D

I had the front sight come off of my GI (which is actually common to staked front sights so I've learned, not just RI's). I sent the slide back, and their gun smith, Arnell, personally called me to tell me that he had installed a new sight with locktite and asked if I wanted a free fluff and buff. Of course I said yes.

Great Service you would not expect from such a cheap gun.

As far as Rock Island is concerned, I would go with the plain Jane model, no upgrades, single stack, as close to John Browning's design as possible in order that you can fix it easily with OverTheCounter parts if it fails on you.

Or you can send it in to them and they will fix it for free :-D

I should have said "upgrade it easily"...