MJP

Ranges open to the public + rentals in New Brunswick area?

Hello all, I just went shooting at the Philadelphia Archery & Gun Club with some friends for the first time ever. I really enjoyed it. My wife wasn't certain about coming to Philly so she sent me to recon, and my report was definitely favorable enough.

Neither of us have the desire to buy a gun just yet, so I was wondering if there was a good range that I could take her to where we could pay a fee, rent one or two guns, buy ammo, and shoot for a little while.

I heard that South River isn't really open to the public, and an info request from Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club stated that you have to bring a firearm to apply. Like I said, we don't want to take the plunge just yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have and FID? Ranges that rent only to people that are licensed to purchase firearms. Pretty sure it's a liability thing that forces them to do this. Fro example, the range I'm at only allows you to bring members to shoot if they posses a valid FID.

Do you have and FID? Ranges that rent only to people that are licensed to purchase firearms. Pretty sure it's a liability thing that forces them to do this.

This was asked once before and the response (not by Kyle or Phil) was that all that was needed is a DL. A definitive answer from one of the involved partys (SS or BA) would be appreciated, just for clarity's sake.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Pretty sure anyone mentally stable can go rent a handgun down at shoreshot. No FID required. They have a particular instructor down that that does a great job breaking in noobs. AFAIK you cannot go into a store and hold any firearms (with intent to buy) without first showing your FID card. I know... makes no sense?

Classic Pistol in Southampton, PA. It's probably 45-60 minutes from you but they are cheaper than Ready Aim Fire and I think the facility is nicer. They have a large selection of rentals and you just need a drivers' license. They won't rent to a person that is alone unless you have your own firearm (I assume to prevent suicides).

--FCOD