MedicYeti

3 gun shoot, South Jersey Shooting Club, Sun 5-23.

South Jersey Shooting Club's RSO's are having a 3 Gun Shoot on Sunday May 23rd at 9am.

Rifle Shotgun and Pistol.

Course of Fire Engage 2 paper targets at 25 yards with 5 rounds from your Rifle, Engage 5 targets with 5 rounds from your Shotgun from 15 yards, finally engage 2 targets with your Pistol with 10 rounds in 2 mags.

Registration begins at 815am, safety/course of fire briefing at 845am, Shooting begins at 9am.

Registration fee is $20.00

Come on out people and have some rootin tootin shootin target blastin fun!

What they are asking is

Round count for each, Like bring 200 pistol and 50 shotgun and 100 rifle rounds

And what classes

Heavy metal? 30 cal rifles and pump 12ga.

Or standard limited class, 223's and semi auto shotguns?

There has to be more than just the one stage you posted above right?

Not going to drive to shoot one stage

I just cut and pasted the info above. I am not involved in the planning of this shoot. I do know that any caliber except 50bmg is acceptable. I don't know how many stages there will be.

Confirmed open to the public and got this additional info:

Shane,

There will be 3 stages, First shoot 5 rds from rifle at 20yds, then move to shotgun at 15yds and shoot at 5 targets sitting on milk crates. Then move to 10yds and shoot 10 rds from pistol. You must reload during pistol portion. Amount of ammo will vary depending on number of shooters. We usually go thru 5 or 6 strings. As far as firearms go anything that is NJ legal is ok, and we recommend using 8 shot or target loads for shotgun portion. If you have any more questions please ask. We would really like for you and your friends to come out. Thanks again.

Dan Walker

Chief Range Safety Officer

South Jersey Shooting Club

His reply said anything Joisey legal. Hell I was thinking of bringing my PS90(5.7), Kriss(.45), XCR(5.56) and DSA SA58C(7.62) and running each one because I would really like to see the time spread and performance difference between them all. I have never done a 3 gun but Im betting the long guns either get staged or they break up the stage in between each discipline. This is a guess however. My experience thus far at that range is they like to keep the pace a hair on the relaxed side because there is a lot of new shooters in attendance. At least this has been the case for IDPA matches there(except for the classifier).

Here is the email addy of the gentlemen I have been corresponding with:

[email protected]

is it still on if it raining? If it is still on is anyone still gonna go???

the clubs practice is that if something is planned something will go on, despite rain; provided the weather doesn't create a safety hazard. I'm still going, with wife, kid, work, teaching, committees and sleep monopolizing my time I need to get some trigger time in.

my name is george. my wife and i will be in her red 06 chevy impala

im bring 92fs, beretta storm carbine, ar-15(not sure which rifle to use), and 20" mossberg pump

liberty or death's name is martin and he drives a white ingrasol rand pickup truck

this is my first organized shoot so i will be asking stupid questions probably lol :oops:

Im in a bit of a twist on what to bring myself. I was going to bring a bunch of different things but thought better of bringing out a bunch and having to worry about keeping track of everything. So I cut it way down to bringing an AR with my Aimpoint mount, my XCR with the Acog, the PS90 and the Mossy. I might not bring the PS90 even. How much time can be saved with only a 5 shot string???

I'm Ron. I stand 6'7" and weigh 380. I'll be in a tan vest with an IDPA hat. I'll be using my P17 Enfield, tactical shotgun and a wheelgun with a "Star of Life" holster. I'll be hard to miss.