Tosser

Light Weight Anyone?

Let me start with saying these pics suck thanks to the Iphone 3g. My Digital camera's charger is MIA.

1-2.jpg

I just put together this carbine with a total weight as pictured of 5lb 13.5oz.

Cav Arms Chopped Lower

BCM Carbine Lightweight Upper Cut to 14.6 with shaved FSB (Work Done by adco with a 5 day door to door time)

Daniel Defense Front Sight

MI Fixed Rear site

Vtac TRX Extreme 11" Rail

Streamlight TLR1

PWS FSC556

Complete Upper as shown: 4lb 5oz

Complete Chopped Cav Arms Lower: 1lb 7.5oz

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

8.jpg

Shown with OSOE Mirco Rig

Is the stock and pistol grip the same piece of polymer? That thing is sweeet! love the full length stock, being a big dude. Must feel like a toy weighing that much.

Nice one, Tosser. Been thinking about getting one of those VTAC rails. Still not 100% sold on the Cav lowers, but hard to argue with the weight savings.

They work and I got a good price on it. I was wanting to do a light weight build for a while. Might be tossing my XPS on it as well being as i don't like the h-1/t-1.

Is the stock and pistol grip the same piece of polymer? That thing is sweeet! love the full length stock, being a big dude. Must feel like a toy weighing that much.

It's one piece construction. Although the stock is no where near full length. It's about one click out on collapsible stock in length but that's because I cut it to that length. Normally I think they are A2 stock length.

It's one piece construction. Although the stock is no where near full length. It's about one click out on collapsible stock in length but that's because I cut it to that length. Normally I think they are A2 stock length.

So that means you can put a surpressor on it since you eliminated one of the evil features, no?

So that means you can put a surpressor on it since you eliminated one of the evil features, no?

No it still has a pistol grip. You'd need something like an M1A with a standard stock to do that.

can you even own a suppressor in NJ?

I think he forgot the 'flash' part, referring to the muzzle device.

in that case i was wondering the same since it does appear to be a flash suppressor..

Lightweight is the only way to go in M16 IMO unless you want a different caliber or want to setup an LMG. Or some kind of target rifle.

Once you build them up with A2 stocks and receivers, government profile barrels, etc., you've lost what makes the M16 great and might as well switch to a rifle with greater energy on the lightweight side of the spectrum.

I think he forgot the 'flash' part, referring to the muzzle device.

in that case i was wondering the same since it does appear to be a flash suppressor..

It's an FSC556 compensator.

Except it also does a better job than the A2 suppressor in suppressing flash in most cases :) I'm gonna have ADCO take out the ridiculous looking brake Colt put on my M4 and put this one on instead.

Except it also does a better job than the A2 suppressor in suppressing flash in most cases :) I'm gonna have ADCO take out the ridiculous looking brake Colt put on my M4 and put this one on instead.

Shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

:mrgreen:

Shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

What does it matter. The boys have it on file as not a flash suppressor.

http://primaryweapons.com/UserFiles/File/FSC556_web.pdf

They rock!

I just realized what model this was after re-reading the thread. And, simply, its what I really want for my next rifle :(

I was about to get one (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-M ... vtrx11.htm), but the next day it was OOS.

How do you like the "pencil barrel"? I've seen the numbers of how much weight it shaves off at the end, but I have to admit I'm skeptical until I get one for myself.

Gosh, I really want to get one more now.

I just realized what model this was after re-reading the thread. And, simply, its what I really want for my next rifle :(

I was about to get one (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-M ... vtrx11.htm), but the next day it was OOS.

How do you like the "pencil barrel"? I've seen the numbers of how much weight it shaves off at the end, but I have to admit I'm skeptical until I get one for myself.

Gosh, I really want to get one more now.

It's MUCH lighter.

I have a BCM 16" Middy that's Gov't Profile and this a 14.5 Carbine length lightweight and they are WORLDS of a difference in weight. Its also 2" shorter and quicker to swing.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

FYI I paid less than what they are asking.

11" Vtac Rail was 165 shipped, upper was 430 so that's $595 before the comp and barrel shortening.

Pencil barrel kicks ass.

Shhhhhhhhhhh ;)

What does it matter. The boys have it on file as not a flash suppressor.

http://primaryweapons.com/UserFiles/File/FSC556_web.pdf

They rock!

Right. ATF tested it, said it has less flash reduction than the A2 hider. I'm surprised to hear people think it has more reduction. I've got the FSC 5.56 on most of my uppers. But I've never fired it at night on a barrel 16" or longer. So I haven't seen it myself. What I have seen, is the shower of sparks that flies out of the FSC 556 on an 11.5" barrel in broad daylight. Indoors, some of the sparks fly out the sides and bounce off the walls of the the lane back towards the gun. And I get covered with 15 years of gunshot residue being cleaned of the ceiling and walls with every shot. Gotta love it :D

:deadhorse:

Now what did I do? Beating a dead horse for what?

Supressor.... Our Overlords dont allow them here.

I mean flash supressor.

Ok. Disregard the spankign then....and return to our regularly scheduled programming. :lol: