vozella

Hollow Points for Sale?

Unless you get the advice of an experienced knowledgeable attorney, the best you can do is read the statute and try your best to comply with it. Of course, this is not without risk.

My understanding is that the statutes on buying and selling ammunition don't distinguish between hollow points and non-hollow points, but the statutes on possession do, so the problem as I see it is in the possession before and after the sale.

This is one of the exceptions:

(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, nor shall subsection f. (1) be construed to prevent any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer from possessing such ammunition at its licensed premises, provided that the seller of any such ammunition shall maintain a record of the name, age and place of residence of any purchaser who is not a licensed dealer, together with the date of sale and quantity of ammunition sold.

The way I read this, you can possess them if you go to your buddy's house to buy them and then go directly home, but your buddy will not be legally in possession of them if he brings them to your home to sell them to you, since that isn't one of the exceptions.

All just my opinion - I'm not a lawyer...

I send Evan Nappan an email from time to time to ask him a question. Sometimes it takes him a few days, but he has always answered. You might want to try that.

It's a good question. I haven't heard that one before. Good luck.