lunker

Fort Dix 5/28

I am definitely headed to Ft Dix this Friday. Anybody interested?

Also, I get conflicting reports about the hours for Friday since the range is only open that day for part of the year. Can anyone confirm?

Wednesday 1-8pm

Friday 8am-4pm or 1pm-8pm

Saturday & Sunday 8am-4pm

Range 14 has Friday hours from April til... December? Something like that, so, regardless they're open on Fridays now and for the summer.

Yup. I got that part. I just don't know whether it's like Wednesday hours (1-8) or weekend hours (8-4pm).

If anyone ism not a member of Ft Dix and wants to try it out, let me know and I can guest you in. I think I am limited to two guests though, so let me know.

I'm probably going to make it out on Sunday (given they're open). My best friend wants to invite a mutual friend of ours out to the range. It'd be her first time, I believe, and Sunday is the only day everyone is available... so, probably going to save myself the drive and ammo for that day.

Calling all shooters. Join me and bry@n at Fort Dix on Friday!

You going @ 1 or later?

I am open to suggestions, but I am leaning towards 1pm. I feel like the traffic may be brutal later on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. At least I'll be heading north on the Parkway when I leave.

Maks,

As long as the weather is not a complete shitshow tomorrow, I am going.

A little drizzle is OK by me, especially since I am tied up all weekend.

Bryan,

No problem. I can guest you in, and at least one other person (maybe two). I forget whether it's two or three guest limit.

My brochure says up to four guests:
With an Advanced Activity Card you are entitled to:

- Bring up to four guests for usage of Range 14 facilities. Guest will pay same usage fee as members

Excellent. Thanks.

I can guest three more people. Come on down. :)

Glad to be of assistance :D

I was wondering the same thing, as I'm going to be guesting in three this weekend, and spent a good 10 minutes searching for that brochure as I had remembered it saying something... alas, good news ;)

I wish I could have gone today. The weather held up nicely, and it wasn't all that hot.

This is an off-topic question, but can you fire shotguns on the 'rifle' range at Range 14? I don't want to do trap or skeet, just want to run my shotgun through its paces for the time being. I always hear them say over the PA that if someone shot shotgun, they should pick up their shells-- so, I'm assuming its good to go. I just don't want to start firing off some shot, and than get a verbal beatdown from any ROs (as I enjoy the place now). Thanks in advance.

I wish I could have gone today. The weather held up nicely, and it wasn't all that hot.

This is an off-topic question, but can you fire shotguns on the 'rifle' range at Range 14? I don't want to do trap or skeet, just want to run my shotgun through its paces for the time being. I always hear them say over the PA that if someone shot shotgun, they should pick up their shells-- so, I'm assuming its good to go. I just don't want to start firing off some shot, and than get a verbal beatdown from any ROs (as I enjoy the place now). Thanks in advance.

Ben,

I shot 20-25 slugs last time I was there, no problem with shotgun on the rifle range. Like to meet up with you again there.

Shane

And Lunker............... Work has been crazy, looking forward to shooting with you soon

If your shooting shotgun, I believe you need to pick up your shells. That is all we heard all day.

Thanks again Chris for taking us. I had a great time and shooting the Garand was fun.

Had a blast yesterday, went thru a bunch of ammo (thats why we buy it right?) blew some stuff up, thanks to Chris for guesting us in and bringing the produce and sharing his stuff... Oh, and thanks to Bry@n for the hickie on my neck...

I get up yesterday morning, load all my gear, my wife asks, where are you going??? I say, Ft. Dix shooting with a couple of buddies, she gives me dirty look.. I go, have fun, come home with a hickie looking mark on my neck, she asks, WHATS THAT??? :oops: I say, it's from hot brass.. She asks, WHO THE HELL IS HOT BRASS????? I knew you weren't going shooting!!

I guess being 5 months pregnant she gets a bit suspect, stupid hormones... :mrgreen:

Had a blast yesterday, went thru a bunch of ammo (thats why we buy it right?) blew some stuff up, thanks to Chris for guesting us in and bringing the produce and sharing his stuff... Oh, and thanks to Bry@n for the hickie on my neck...

I get up yesterday morning, load all my gear, my wife asks, where are you going??? I say, Ft. Dix shooting with a couple of buddies, she gives me dirty look.. I go, have fun, come home with a hickie looking mark on my neck, she asks, WHATS THAT??? :oops: I say, it's from hot brass.. She asks, WHO THE HELL IS HOT BRASS????? I knew you weren't going shooting!!

I guess being 5 months pregnant she gets a bit suspect, stupid hormones... :mrgreen:

yes, dont shoot to the right of someone shooting a semi auto. =)

Even 22LR brass can fly, and that gets hot.

Show her pictures on the forum of you shooting. =P

If your shooting shotgun, I believe you need to pick up your shells. That is all we heard all day.

Thanks again Chris for taking us. I had a great time and shooting the Garand was fun.

No problem. My prediction: the next time we go, you'll own at least two rifles. :)