Sign in to follow this  
david8613

how to keep a blued gun clean?

When you get a new gun you cant help but fondle it a bit. :) Some people wont admit they do this, but they do. As EchoMirage said, buy a micro fiber cloth. It works wonders. I went to Advanced Auto and bought a micro fiber blanket used for cars and cut it up into smaller pieces to use as wipes. Works great.

When you get a new gun you cant help but fondle it a bit. :) Some people wont admit they do this, but they do. As EchoMirage said, buy a micro fiber cloth. It works wonders. I went to Advanced Auto and bought a micro fiber blanket used for cars and cut it up into smaller pieces to use as wipes. Works great.

So that's where you got that cloth from. Thanks homie.

I'll have to try this. I have a couple of these in the basement. I ususally use a silicone cloth or a piece of cloth with some Rig gun grease on it. I've been using Rig on the shotgun for almost 30 years and it still looks new.

Try waxing it with regular old Johnson's Paste Wax. Let the wax dry and wipe off. Let the dried wax stay in the lettering on the gun and it looks like you used one of those $10 crayons to make the lettering stand out.

2-3 coats is better.