Sign in to follow this  
ctrmass

"domestic" probelm, where do I stand now???

I think the issue that everyones missing is even if the wife doesnt wanna press charges the state automatically takes over from the time she called. The fact that she called alone is enough (was in fear of her husband) for the state DA I'd bet! Basic simple assault with a spouse is still DV. I think we are missing alot of the whole story...it has to be moreto it than you raised your hands in disbelief and accidentally went upside her head, I mean really come on?! In my mind if she called the "Police" she was really scared and you were probably gettin ready to "whip her muthaf*ckin*ss".. :naughty: ..Not good! When it starts getting heated w/me and my wife I'm always the 1ST to LEAVE! Never let it escalate..NEVER! Good luck with that. I'm in agreement w/PK90... I think your future firearm rights are gonna be very limited. :think:

I completely agree. I am always the first one to walk away from a heated argument right after I punch the wall, leaving a hole that I will have to spackle later :lol:

Sorry, I havent yet begun to understand the concept of "selling a gun". :D

Lets put it this way... on or before the court date... your door may ring, and the LEO will be there for your firearms.

Better have some cash they cant confiscate, than firearms.

You can always buy firearms back.

Lets put it this way... on or before the court date... your door may ring, and the LEO will be there for your firearms.

Oh jesus christ..is your tinfoil on tight enough Mak??? if they didnt take them on the night of the Incident they WONT be taking them unless there is a conviction involved, or a whole lot left out of the story as told. Do you have ANY Frigging idea how much of a nightmare it is to deal with Firearms in a DV case? There are TWO requirements where the firearms must be siezed.

#1, if a weapon was used in the commission of the DV incident.

#2 if a Domestic Violence Restraining Order is issued by a Judge.

As long as the OP hasnt left anything out, then he SHOULD be in the clear. I'm NOT saying he shouldnt seek the advice of an attorney, he absolutely should.

Oh jesus christ..is your tinfoil on tight enough Mak??? if they didnt take them on the night of the Incident they WONT be taking them unless there is a conviction involved, or a whole lot left out of the story as told. Do you have ANY Frigging idea how much of a nightmare it is to deal with Firearms in a DV case? There are TWO requirements where the firearms must be siezed.

#1, if a weapon was used in the commission of the DV incident.

#2 if a Domestic Violence Restraining Order is issued by a Judge.

As long as the OP hasnt left anything out, then he SHOULD be in the clear. I'm NOT saying he shouldnt seek the advice of an attorney, he absolutely should.

So tell me why I know someone who had a nearly identical situation, and had the guns taken? Sure, those 2 requirements werent met but since when do they care? He spent thousands on a lawyer and got the guns back....trashed. You put too much faith in our system.

So tell me why I know someone who had a nearly identical situation, and had the guns taken? Sure, those 2 requirements werent met but since when do they care? He spent thousands on a lawyer and got the guns back....trashed. You put too much faith in our system.

Maybe I'm telling the truth.....