Sign in to follow this  
takeji

Money order for permits question.

The 18$ money order for the background check, who do you address the money to? Also, you don't include the money for the permits themselves and pay the PD in cash? Just want to get everything right before I go back to downtown Lakewood >

hope you don't mind that i butt in but i have a similar question...

so the only money i need the day i bring the forms in are the $18mo(us postal money order shall suffice, correct?) and $2/cash per permit...

any other fees(fingerprinting?) are taken care of after

just wanna make sure so i'm not running around

so the only money i need the day i bring the forms in are the $18mo(us postal money order shall suffice, correct?) and $2/cash per permit...

Some PD's (mine for instance) have you pay for permits when they are ready and you pick them up - that way they don't have to refund any money if you are denied...

These are the only fees I paid when getting permits. I haven't been fingerprinted for additional pistol permits. The last pistol a friend of mine bought was 20 years ago. He just recently applied for a pistol permit and was not fingerprinted even after the 20 year time span. You already have your FID - correct?

These are the only fees I paid when getting permits. I haven't been fingerprinted for additional pistol permits. The last pistol a friend of mine bought was 20 years ago. He just recently applied for a pistol permit and was not fingerprinted even after the 20 year time span. You already have your FID - correct?

actually i'd be applying for my FID along with the permits.

that's why I was wondering exactly what amounts I needed to streamline the process(on my part anyway) so everything is covered when i first drop off my application.

If you are applying for FID card, call and find out ahead of time. Fees are different.

called today- they take applications on wednesdays and they said i only need $5 fee for the FID and $2/per p2p

for me; when applying for FID/PP an initial application fee for background/prints was $60.25 m.o. paid to njsp sbi.. plus the 5 for the fid and the 2 for pistol permit paid to the PD in cash...

for a holder of an FID, its just $18 m.o paid to njsp sbi and 2 paid to pd for permits....also had to get a form notarized- dont remember what-

I just did this in June. I went to the local PD with the form and mental health filled out, paid the $5 for the card and $2 for the permit. The officer then gave me the fingerprint form with instructions. That was another $60.25 off a credit card when I made the appointment for the prints. Police chief notified me when everything came back and I went to PD to pick up card and permit. Time period for all of this was June 7 - July 15.