kenw

Anyone wanna try the trap field in Chester - Sat, 6/19?

Sunday is Father's Day, so I don't know if anyone is getting out to shoot then, but I'm game to try the trap field in Chester, on Rt. 206 on Saturday.

The website http://www.chestergame.org/, has the hours as 9 - 2 on Saturday, and $7 a round (IMO a bit steep, but it is what it is)

I'm thinking meet around 10, and try to get in a couple of rounds. I don't know how busy they get on Saturdays.

It's a nice field. The house seems a little close, and I don't think it's really 16 yards from the line, but it works, and the birds turn to dust just the same as anywhere else.

We shot 2 rounds, and I shot like crap. It got really hot really fast, and the sweat just started pouring, so it was pack and leave after 2 rounds. The guys there said that they never have a large crowd on Saturdays, and by the time we left around 11, there were only a 6 or 8 guys milling around waiting to shoot.

It's a bit far for me, and I pretty much have to pass the other 2 ranges I shoot at, but if ever a group wants to get together on a Saturday morning, I'd probably join in. Certainly a great place for the guys who are closer.

did you guys ever get to go? I passed by that place a few weeks ago and called the guy whose # I found online. he says it's still open Saturdays and it's supposedly free. Anyone wanna go some Saturday morning? Maybe in like a few weeks, we've got some time to plan it out. I still didn't get the shotgun yet, but I'm already itching to shoot...