Sign in to follow this  
AtlanticCounty

Why resort to this? Sad situation.

Please if you know anybody in a position of desperation, get them help.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news ... 002e0.html

Ventnor police officer's death of gunshot wound ruled suicide, prosecutor says

The Ventnor Police Department is mourning a city police officer found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Justin M. Brown, 29, was discovered early Wednesday inside his Galloway Township home, Atlantic County Prosecutor Ted Housel said.

At about 5:15 a.m., the Galloway Township called the Prosecutor

I don't remember when this happened, but I know an officer went to work one day and committed suicide while in the police department parking lot. If the suicide happens while on duty, I think insurance is higher, but I can't remember if that was the case or not.

Sad to see this story, seems they have to deal with scum everyday, to some it seems that they see everyone as being the scum they deal with every day. It's not an easy job mentally or physically, if that's all you see daily.. eventually some crack. You gotta be very strong mentally to handle the job, just from all the messed up crap you see on a daily basis.

They aren't the only ones that see the bad side of humanity. There are tons of people taking customer service calls day in and day out that generally get **** on all day.

I agree to an extent, but working customer service and going to break up a domestic are extremely different. Just one of the many situations that are highly dangerous, not to mention all the drug addicts (coke heads, PCP addicts, violent drunks, ect.) they have to put up with on a daily basis.

I kinda understand what sirsloop is getting at. Everyone deals with crap either at work or wherever. Suicide is a cop-out (no pun intended) and it only harms the family and friends.

Well... at least if you are a cop you have authority over the situation. If someone is acting a fool you can lock their ass up and toss em in the back of a cop car. If they fight back, bite, spit, etc... bust out the pepper spray and effem up.

As a CSR, you are pretty much screwed. The customer is mad, they are going to vent, and there isn't anything you can do except tell the person you will hang up unless they stop. If they hang up, its on to the next belligerent customer and their belittling rant. If you talk back you are fired.

May he find the peace that he felt he couldn't find here.

I was going to say something nasty but I'll leave it at that. Things could be a lot worse, wasn't like he hit rock bottem.

sucks.. apparently we have some mutual friends.. some of my friends were talking about going to his funeral and how nice of a person he was.. don't know him so couldn't really say either way.. at any rate killing yourself is stupid... WORST case scenario.. if my life completely sucked more than anything imaginable.. I would simply move far far away and just start over.. I guess maybe the difference being some of these people are running from problems that are INSIDE of them.. can't say I have ever been "there"

honestly this kinda thing is very sad.....last year my dad had a nervous break down very scary....he went from being completely normal to hearing things then over 5 days decided he needed to kill him self. at first i thought my mom was over reacting but when i got the phone call from my mom saying my dad said he wants to kill him self i knew it was real. we immeadiatly took his guns took him to a hospital sat in waiting room for 8 hours before they would take him as he is freaking out every time a police officer would walk in or out saying they were coming to get him. my dad drives 25 mph never would think about doing anything illegal at all. turns out he holds everything in over the last 5 years lost his dad 2 brother inlaws and 4 very good fishing and hunting buddies. after a short stay in a mental hospitol, medication they released him and he slowly started coming out of it. now 6 months later he still takes common medicine stil talks to psycatrist twice a week, but he is back to work and seems much better. i offically took ownership of firearms (legally of course). the mind can be a scary and twisted thing. im not trying to throw out a sob story but life can go from perfect to hell over night and people may or may not believe you.

PLEASE IF ANYONE EVER MEETS MY DAD PLEASE DONT BRING THIS UP. I WANT EVERYONE KNOW THIS TYPE OF THING CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE

honestly this kinda thing is very sad.....last year my dad had a nervous break down very scary....he went from being completely normal to hearing things then over 5 days decided he needed to kill him self. at first i thought my mom was over reacting but when i got the phone call from my mom saying my dad said he wants to kill him self i knew it was real. we immeadiatly took his guns took him to a hospital sat in waiting room for 8 hours before they would take him as he is freaking out every time a police officer would walk in or out saying they were coming to get him. my dad drives 25 mph never would think about doing anything illegal at all. turns out he holds everything in over the last 5 years lost his dad 2 brother inlaws and 4 very good fishing and hunting buddies. after a short stay in a mental hospitol, medication they released him and he slowly started coming out of it. now 6 months later he still takes common medicine stil talks to psycatrist twice a week, but he is back to work and seems much better. i offically took ownership of firearms (legally of course). the mind can be a scary and twisted thing. im not trying to throw out a sob story but life can go from perfect to hell over night and people may or may not believe you.

PLEASE IF ANYONE EVER MEETS MY DAD PLEASE DONT BRING THIS UP. I WANT EVERYONE KNOW THIS TYPE OF THING CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE

Exactly, they need help. And with the right medical professionals these situations can be prevented. Glad it was noticed and handled.