Sign in to follow this  
chris327

i need help very bad.

so today i removed the thumb safety on my chiappa 1911-22. when i did that, a small spring and a pin fell out. then a piece of metal with a hole on one end and long curve on the other end fell out also. i have no idea where they cam from or what they do. but can anyone help me. i just wanna put them back in since i have no idea how to or where to.

thanks

chris

so today i removed the thumb safety on my chiappa 1911-22. when i did that, a small spring and a pin fell out. then a piece of metal with a hole on one end and long curve on the other end fell out also. i have no idea where they cam from or what they do. but can anyone help me. i just wanna put them back in since i have no idea how to or where to.

thanks

chris

Chris, check numrich gun parts, sometimes they have exploded diagrams to view.

Ok thanks for the help. I don't see the same piece but I know what it is and does. Just not how to put it in. It is the safety transfer bar. With this no in the safety does not work. It blocks the trigger from being pressed I believe just don't know how to put it in or exactly where. Thanks for everything guys I am looking all over to find it but now that I know that's what it is I am a lot less worried than I was before.

Hey shore shot,

Thanks for the advise but I already sent this pistol to chiappa once to get fixed and it cost me $50 for shipping. And that was from the dry fire problem becuase it was dry fired before I got it. I'd rather not dump that money into the gun right now. I'm gunna try to fix it myself, I met someone online that knows how to fix it and is going to send me a good description on what to do. Its just not worth sending out again. Thanks for the advise though.

Chris