Sign in to follow this  
kenw

Got my safe set up last night

I finally got around to setting up the gun safe that I got from Costco. It was delivered to the loading dock at work last week, and I got it home yesterday and horsed it into position.

It's surprisingly roomy. I thought it would be too small, but it holds everything I planned to stash, with room for expansion.

I have all my expensive lenses in it with 2 camera bodies, as well as a handful of hard drives, a couple of laptops, a lock box with some important papers, an assortment of handgun ammo and Jordan's 4 cans of Mosin ammo.

Oh, and if I still owned 7 long guns and 6 handguns, they would fit in with room for more.

A great deal for the price.

Very Perrrty!

I just picked this one up at Dicks on sale for $399

I like that one. I have a smaller 16 gun (not in a million years) Stack-On that I got from Dicks back in '05 that I am happy with overall, though the keypad is prone to issues. Wish I had gone with the combination, but other than that and the inflated capacity, it was a good buy.

$200 discount is reflected in the price.

Valid for orders placed

August 13, 2010 through September 12, 2010.

While supplies last.

That's funny.

In the time since I last looked at the Costco page, they removed the NOT from in front of the Valid.

Go for it. It's on again.

Does your look indentical to the picture? I ordered the same one from Costco and they "upgraded" mine to a 5 spoke handle.. just curious if they are still selling the one pictured

5 spoke on mine, too. I wonder if there are any more differences.

That's the one... same price as I paid, but mine has 5 spokes, and possibly a different configuration on the keypad. Interior is the same.

dunno. all my guns were lost in a tragic smelting accident. But, if I still had any, all 8 long guns would fit, including the 2 that are (were) obnoxiously long (Godzilla, and Jordan's eurotrash (with bipod)) with room for at least 4 more, possibly 5 if they were narrow.

you'll probably need something larger.

or 2 of these.

Check Tractor Supply. They have the next 2 sizes up in the same product line. Decent prices, but I don't remember specifics.

Looks like Costco is still shipping the upgraded model from the one pictured.. I had zero isues with mine so far. Maks, i can fit maybe 8 Long comfortably, and thats only using 1/2 the safe, the other half is ammo and stuff.. here's a few pics..

Still have glue from the sticker on the door, i'm lazy like that...

0a387d80.jpg

bab53323.jpg

c705fd2d.jpg

62a9892b.jpg

8399017b.jpg

thanks for the pics don. So it looks like you can do rifles everywhere and there is space for handguns above the rifles?

sweet.

Yes, the shelves are all adjustable, you can configure it a few ways, shelves and divider are pretty much particle board with some cheap carpet, but seem study enough, also has electric outlet inside to plug in a rod or light and comes with an external cord... the negative on this is the door doesn't open all the way, only 90 degrees, doesn't bother me but may bother some.. i just put the stuff i don't need most on that side, problem solved.. i have a shelf up high that has enough room for at least 3 or 4 standard pistol case's

Do any of those safes have a bungee cord on the inside of the door? Mine is a Sentry and it has one. It is woven like a shoe lace. Sentry extols this as a great feature. Only thing is, I can't figure out what it is good for. OK, maybe my half of the treasure map. What do you store in there?