Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Swapping out main spring for a D Spring. Having a problem

So I got the spring in the mail and went to swap it out. Every place that I have read about it says it is easy as pie. I watched the video on how to do it here.

http://www.beretta92fs.com/video.php?id=211

Seems simple enough. Took the grips off, got a nice hard flat surface to push down on annnnnnd. Nothing. Doesn't even move. Dents the wood cutting board before there is any movement. Ok, try it on the actual floor. Nothing. Try to just pop the pin out without pushing the lanyard loop up and wont budge.

Normally during this type of situation I decide to force something and end up bloody or the piece gets broken or damaged.

Besides taking the gun to Brick Armory or Sure Shot (both are within 20 minutes of me) does anyone have any suggestions? If I do take it to one of the shops does anyone have any suggestions to which one to take it?

Also may have whatever place do a trigger job while it is there. Might as well. So maybe that will factor into which place to take it?

Thanks

I had the same problem on a 2009 Inox. The lanyard loop would not move. I got a roll pin punch and "persuaded" the pin out with a rubber mallet. After replacing the spring I "persuaded" the pin back in. and everything is fine.

Had to do the same thing. Turns out the lanyard loop is not the same as the one in the video. The hole in the one in the video is oblong so there is play. Mine is just a hole the size of the pin. That means there is no movement. Don't know if theres a difference between the Italian and the American guns with that one. Mine is the Italian Inox so maybe.

Really like the improvement over the stock spring. Next up...Trigger job.